With the first Travel Index, powered by Koddi technology and data, the company explored the various impacts of significant events during 2016 through the first half of 2018 to identify meaningful travel trends.
FORT WORTH, Texas (PRWEB) September 26, 2018
Koddi, a cloud-based marketing technology company for travel brands, today announced the launch of its research report series, Travel Index: Event Trends.
With the first Travel Index, powered by Koddi technology and data, the company explored the various impacts of significant events during 2016 through the first half of 2018 to identify meaningful travel trends. In analyzing data from a variety of events across hundreds of different data points, Koddi identified three major event themes that were prominent globally and impacted travel trends in a meaningful way during 2016 through 2018:
- Sporting Events - including annually recurring events like the NBA Finals, Superbowl and World Series, and major international sporting events like the Winter Olympics and FIFA World Cup Tournament
- Pop Culture Events - including international and grassroots political rallies, such as the Women's March, and music festivals that draw a large and international following, such as Rock in Rio and Mawazine
- Natural Disaster Events - including Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Maria and the more recent volcanic eruptions and earthquakes in Indonesia
In this report, Koddi reveals patterns and shares valuable and actionable insights that travel marketers can use to achieve their corporate and campaign objectives, including patterns related to:
- booking windows and how they change depending on the location and type of event,
- pricing pressures in different regions of the world,
- and best practices when dealing with unexpected situations such as natural disasters.
To access the full Travel Index: Event Trends (2018, Issue 01) report, visit http://www.Koddi.com.
Koddi is a cloud provider of marketing technology for advertisers in the travel industry. Our partners leverage the Koddi platform and its fully automated and customizable reporting features to manage marketing investment for hundreds of thousands of hotel properties globally. More than 400,000 hotels are live on Koddi, powering more than $10 billion in revenue, while averaging a 35% return on investment increase and a more than 40% increase in bookings. Based in Fort Worth, Texas, Koddi has offices in Austin, New York, Ann Arbor and Düsseldorf.