This custom system is anticipated to reduce fuel use by 50% and achieves a 35% electrical savings versus utilizing a larger, stand-alone regenerative thermal oxidizer to treat the processes. Pairing it with a refurbished RTO results in a capital cost savings of $500,000 vs. the cost of a new system.
GREEN BAY, Wis. (PRWEB) February 16, 2021
Kono Kogs, Inc is excited to announce that they designed and fabricated their first integrated RTO/VOC concentrator system. From application to fabrication, pre-wiring, pre-piping and installation, KKI can now design, fabricate, and deliver any custom rotary concentrator need while providing proven performance. Their expert team has refurbished many VOC rotary concentrators and successfully reapplied them from one industry to another.
KKI has partnered with an industry-leading zeolite concentrator wheel supplier to select the proper wheel size and zeolite formulation for this particular application. Their engineering team integrated the adsorption wheel into the overall system, including filter banks designed for the specific application, desorption heaters, secondary heat recovery (where applicable), and selection of the best regenerative thermal oxidizer technology and size.
What are the Benefits of Their Integrated VOC Concentrator Systems?
- The integrated RTO and VOC concentrator system will treat hot and ambient temperature airstreams from multiple metal coating lines.
- This design will utilize two VOC concentrator wheels in parallel to provide redundancy for maintenance outages and allow the plant to continue to produce.
- The system will treat emissions from several high flow, low VOC concentration airstreams found throughout the process and will minimize the number of control devices required to treat the emissions.
- The VOC rotary concentrators will send the concentrated, reduced-flow rate airstream to a smaller, refurbished RTO, which reduces the capital cost for the RTO.
- The RTO is configured to also treat multiple hot airstreams from their ovens, which eliminates the need for two RTO’s.
A VOC rotary concentrator is an air pollution control technology used in applications with a combination of high volume of air with low concentration of solvents or VOCs—volatile organic compounds. It is a front-end, pre-conditioning unit placed upstream of a thermal oxidizer or regenerative thermal oxidizer. By concentrating the VOCs from a large airstream into a small airstream, it allows the use of a smaller thermal oxidizer, which can significantly reduce fuel and electric costs.
This custom system is anticipated to reduce fuel use by 50% and achieves a 35% electrical savings versus utilizing a larger, stand-alone regenerative thermal oxidizer to treat the processes. Pairing it with a refurbished RTO results in a capital cost savings of $500,000 over the cost of a new system.
About Kono Kogs: Since 1996, the engineers at Kono Kogs have advised companies about thermal, regenerative thermal, and catalytic and VOC type oxidizers. The services they offer include refurbishing existing systems, preventative maintenance, emergency repair and new unit replacement alternatives. In addition, they also maintain the largest inventory of oxidizers in the US. Carrying this available inventory can cut delivery times by over 50% for their customers.