"Omni-channel, efficiency and customer service continue to be the cornerstones of what KWI provides for our customers.”
NEW YORK (PRWEB) January 10, 2019
KWI, the leading unified commerce provider for speciality retailers, will be open for business at the National Retail Federation (NRF) Big Show on January 13-15 in New York City. KWI will be exhibiting new solutions focused on omni-channel, internationalization, merchandising systems and clienteling, designed specifically to work with KWI’s existing cloud-based platform.
“We’ve been part of the NRF Big Show for over 25 years and look forward to seeing old friends and making new connections,” said Sam Kliger, CEO of KWI. “2018 was another exciting and record-growth year at KWI, adding larger and global retail brands to our client list as well as rolling out new capabilities like server-less Offline Model. NRF is a great opportunity to talk about the success we’ve had and share a sneak peak at what is in store for the future. Omni-channel, efficiency and customer service continue to be the cornerstones of what KWI provides for our customers.”
While at the Big Show, the KWI team will be showcasing the latest features, including:
● How KWI is leveraging AI and advanced machine learning to power its Cloud 9 POS to create personalized in-store experiences.
● Internationalization: Tools to help retailers go global including integrated payments via Adyen, currency, tax, language, date format and more.
● Merchandising System Redesign (Back Office): Updated look and feel, new dashboards, and exciting usability improvements.
● Enhanced APIs: Seamlessly integrate with other systems with easy access to sales, inventory, customer, loyalty information, and much more.
● Clienteling: Create a wish list, add items, and email customers with product recommendations.
Find KWI at the Javits Center at Booth 4519. Click here to schedule an appointment and demo.
Since 1985, KWI has been a leader of cloud based retail solutions. KWI offers a complete commerce solution for specialty retailers of all size. KWI’s cloud based technology solutions include point of sale, merchandising, eCommerce, CRM and Loss prevention for brands such as 7 For All Mankind, Bandier, John Varvatos, Veronica Beard, David Yurman, bluemercury, Pandora , Tom Ford and Nars. The company is based in Greenvale, New York.