“It’s clear that in order to support the body’s overall immunity, proteolytic enzymes play a significant role," said Michael T. Murray, N.D.
VENICE, Fla. (PRWEB) May 11, 2020
Immune system health continues to be the daily focus for millions of people worldwide. Recommendations to improve immunity often include social distancing, enhanced hygiene, adequate hydration and sleep, and taking vitamins. However, a leading authority on Natural Medicine, Michael T. Murray, N.D., also stresses the importance of digestive enzymes in boosting immune defenses, especially for the respiratory mucosal barrier and gastrointestinal tract, namely enzymes that break down proteins or proteases.*
There are two ways for any invader to enter the body, the respiratory tract and the gastrointestinal tract. The first line of defense, as natural barriers to infection that humans have, is the mucosal lining of the respiratory tract which includes the nasal cavity, sinuses, throat, trachea and bronchi. The second line of defense is the immune system which mostly lives within the gastrointestinal tract.
“Certain proteases, which are enzymes that breakdown proteins, help improve the structure of the mucosal lining by decreasing the thickness and increasing the production of mucus to help move microbes out of the body to protect the lungs,”* said Dr. Murray. “They also help support the immune system and the gastrointestinal tract as nearly all environmental threats contain proteins that protrude from their cell membranes that the immune system must identify and break down.* Proteases not only help digest good proteins but also help to break down unwanted proteins.”*
Protease or proteolytic enzymes support host defense mechanisms and immune function the following ways:
- Improve the composition and function of mucus.*
- Help promote processes that remove excess airway secretions, microbes, cellular debris and particulate matter from the airways.*
- Support digestive enzymes and pancreatic enzyme function. * Enzymes that digest protein, proteases, are able to digest proteins in food and also the proteins on the cell walls of environmental threats.*
“It’s clear that in order to support the body’s overall immunity, proteolytic enzymes play a significant role. In addition to practicing self-care and following the right protocols, adding a digestive enzyme to your daily routine is important to support immune health.* I recommend looking for proteolytic enzymes which are therapeutically blended to cover the wide pH ranges within the human body,” concluded Dr. Murray.
Enzymedica, a Florida-based company that produces high quality natural digestive products, offers a complete line of protease-containing enzyme formulas including:
- Enzyme Defense – offers daily immune, respiratory and sinus health support.* Also helps break down excess and thick mucus and helps clear airways.*
- Enzyme Defense Extra Strength – is a 2X stronger version to support immune, respiratory and sinus health.* Breaks down excess and thick mucus and offers enhanced support for clear airways.*
- MucoStop – contains enzymes beyond proteases and is designed to help promote easy breathing during seasonal or occasional congestion by breaking down and eliminating excess mucus in the sinus and nasal passages.*
- Allerase – contains enzymes to support the body’s natural ability to identify and respond to common or seasonal irritants, promoting healthy respiratory function.*
Florida-based Enzymedica is a leading natural digestive health company since 1998 and sells to over 30,000 stores worldwide and online. Its top-selling enzyme brand is No. 1 in America. The company has received more than 50 industry awards including multiple Better Nutrition Magazine’s People's Choice Awards, many Best of Supplements Awards and numerous VITY and Nexty Awards. Visit https://enzymedica.com/ for more information.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent and disease.
RPR Public Relations, Inc.