“The latest addition to EasyTech is designed to help both teachers and students navigate online learning this year, ensuring they are able to reap all of the benefits that online tools can provide,” said Keith Oelrich, CEO at Learning.com.
PORTLAND, Ore. (PRWEB) September 24, 2020
To prepare students for success in a remote learning environment, Learning.com is adding remote learning lessons to its EasyTech content library. Based on real-life applications and digital tools, lessons in Essential Skills for Remote Learning guide students through technical concepts in a fun, game-based environment.
“The latest addition to EasyTech is designed to help both teachers and students navigate online learning this year, ensuring they are able to reap all of the benefits that online tools can provide,” said Keith Oelrich, CEO at Learning.com. “A majority of teachers strongly agree that digital learning tools are a valuable part of today’s classroom – it’s critical that they are set up for success and able to support students in a variety of environments.”
EasyTech’s “Essential Skills for Remote Learning” are as follows:
- Remote Learning Essentials: Teach students how to communicate virtually and troubleshoot their tech issues independently.
- Word Processing: Develop students’ proficiency using word processing programs and tools for online document creation, design, editing, collaboration and problem-solving.
- Internet Usage and Online Communications: Teach students how to use the internet to gather information, foster collaborative learning experiences and create and share digital media.
- Computer Fundamentals: Students learn to harness technology as a tool to create, problem-solve and collaborate with others.
- Keyboarding: Teach students foundational keyboarding skills.
- Online Safety & Digital Citizenship: Students learn the importance of modeling safe, ethical and legal behavior online and recognize the rights and responsibilities that come along with living in a digital world.
“Using Learning.com during remote learning has made a huge impact on my teaching,” said Elizabeth Fecher, Technology Teacher at Mt. Airy School. “Students are able to do self-paced lessons that take them step-by-step through learning. It also offers instant feedback when questions are answered and is graded instantly. Grades can even be set up to transfer from Schoology to PowerSchool without teachers having to enter them.”
The remote learning lessons expand EasyTech’s comprehensive online library of content covering essential technology skills for students in kindergarten through eighth grade. Learning.com’s EasyTech offering includes self-paced lessons, application exercises, quizzes, discussions and pre- and post- assessments to prepare students for today’s online classrooms and the digital world.
To learn more, please visit https://info.learning.com/remote-learning-with-easytech
Learning.com’s K-12 curriculum solution, EasyTech, helps students develop computer science, digital literacy, and problem-solving skills. By enabling schools to integrate technology more meaningfully, and cultivate digital readiness, EasyTech plays a critical role in equipping all students to learn, live, and work in the 21st Century.
The comprehensive curriculum, delivered through the Learning.com platform, features scaffolded, student-led digital lessons, as well as district and school-wide reporting to measure the program’s efficacy and optimize implementation.
Founded in 1999, Learning.com currently partners with one in six U.S. school districts and serves more than 4 million students each year. The company has earned more than 30 industry awards, including ISTE 2017 Best of Show; 2017 Award of Excellence from “Tech & Learning Magazine;” “The Oregonian’s Top Workplace” for 2016, 2017, and 2018; and the “Healthiest Employers of Oregon” for 2019.