MILWAUKEE (PRWEB) December 13, 2022
AAEA invites media to attend their sessions at the ASSA 2023 Annual Meeting in New Orleans.
On Friday, January 6, 2023 at 10:15 am CST at the New Orleans Marriott, four AAEA members will speak at the session “Leveraging Large Existing Federal Programs to Induce the Adoption of Climate Smart Conservation Practicies.”
Presentations in this session include (speakers are listed first):
Farm Heterogeneity and Leveraging Federal Crop Insurance for Conversation Practice Adoption
- Jennifer Ifft, Kansas State University
- Margaret Jodlowski, The Ohio State University
Cover Crops, Farm Economics, and Policy
- Gary Schnitkey, University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign
- Sarah Sellars, University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign
- Laura Gentry, Illinois Corn Growers Association
Mitigating Climate Change with the Conservation Reserve Program in the United States: The Role of Program Redesign
- Brian Cornish, Auburn University
- Ruiqing Miao, Auburn University
- Daniel Hellerstein, USDA - Economic Research Service
- Andrew Rosenberg, USDA - Economic Research Service
Modelling Growers' SNA Decisions and Evaluating the Economic and Environmental Outcomes of PACE
- Hongli Feng, Iowa State University
- David Hennessy, Iowa State University
- Daniel Andersen, Iowa State University
- Michael Castellano, Iowa State University
If you are interested in attending the session in person, please contact Allison Ware in the AAEA Business Office.
ABOUT AAEA: Established in 1910, the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) is the leading professional association for agricultural and applied economists, with 2,500 members in more than 60 countries. Members of the AAEA work in academic or government institutions as well as in industry and not-for-profit organizations, and engage in a variety of research, teaching, and outreach activities in the areas of agriculture, the environment, food, health, and international development. The AAEA publishes three journals, the Journal of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association (an open access journal), the American Journal of Agricultural Economics and Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy, as well as the online magazine Choices and the online open access publication series Applied Economics Teaching Resources. To learn more, visit http://www.aaea.org.