We are really happy to give back to the legal tech community by helping these promising companies succeed
RALEIGH, N.C. (PRWEB) September 20, 2018
LexisNexis today announced that six participants were selected in its third Silicon Valley Legal Tech Accelerator program. The program was started to give startups a leg up in the rapidly expanding legal tech industry. In line with the broad LexisNexis vision to transform the way law is practiced, each of the six accelerator participants – Attune Capital Group, Digitory Legal, Disputly, Justis Connection, Procertas and Specifio – is driving innovation in a distinct area of the law.
“We were overwhelmed by the interest and record number of applications for this third phase of the program,” said Jeff Pfeifer, Vice President Product Management, North America. “Past participants tell us that the program is valuable both for the learnings in the curriculum and for the peer networking with other cohort companies. We look forward to helping this new group of startups take their vision and business practice to the next level.”
The Legal Tech Accelerator is an extension of LexisNexis long-standing support of the legal startup community worldwide and helps us power legal market innovation, whether inside or outside our business. The program leverages LexisNexis and Lex Machina industry-leading market expertise and deep knowledge in the legal, technology and startup domains. Participants receive hands-on mentoring and guidance throughout the program, which is based in the Menlo Park, CA offices of Lex Machina™ and at the Raleigh Technology Center for LexisNexis on the Centennial Campus of North Carolina State University.
The six members of the third round of the LexisNexis Legal Tech Accelerator program are:
- Attune Capital Group: Details metrics from transaction agreements in order to analyze, determine and monitor “what is market” for selected transaction parameters, across different types of transactions over different time periods.
- Digitory Legal: Uses AI to transform and analyze billing data and create predictive pricing models for complex legal work. Once the fee arrangements are set, customers can leverage our platform to manage budgets and resources throughout the life of their matters.
- Disputly: Builds consumer legal technology to resolve disputes efficiently and affordably.
- Justis Connection: Focused on connecting top legal talent of color to local residents of color. Justis Connection is committed to empowering communities through active engagement and education that teaches fundamental rights and responsibilities in the law.
- Procertas: A competency-based learning platform with an initial focus on get legal professionals and law students proficient with the core technology tools of their trade (e.g., Word, Excel, PDF).
- Specifio: Changing the way patent applications are created through advanced natural language generation.
Throughout the rigorous 10-week curriculum, Legal Tech Accelerator participants gain knowledge and expertise in a variety of topics, including technology and product development, running an agile product development organization, building a strong company culture, selling to legal departments and law firms, leveraging legal data, and identifying best practices in customer success, marketing and fundraising.
In addition, companies will be able to leverage the company’s established relationships with Stanford University, North Carolina State University, Silicon Valley businesses, VCs and influencers to grow their companies.
“We are really happy to give back to the legal tech community by helping these promising companies succeed,” said Josh Becker, Head of Legal Analytics and Chairman, Lex Machina. “Our participants get to interact with other startups – including former start-ups and LexisNexis companies Lex Machina, Ravel and Law360 – and learn from each other on how to build their businesses, market their products, and succeed in this challenging and competitive legal environment. We look forward to seeing all of the great things that this second batch of tech accelerator participants will do.”
For more information, or to apply for future tech accelerator programs, please email email@example.com. Follow developments in the LexisNexis Legal Tech Accelerator on Twitter, #LexisTechAccelerator.
About LexisNexis® Legal & Professional
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory and business information and analytics that help customers increase productivity, improve decision-making and outcomes, and advance the rule of law around the world.
As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. LexisNexis Legal & Professional, which serves customers in more than 130 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide, is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
About Lex Machina
Lex Machina’s award-winning Legal Analytics® platform is a new category of legal technology that fundamentally changes how companies and law firms compete in the business and practice of law. Delivered as Software-as a-Service, Lex Machina provides strategic insights on judges, lawyers, parties, and more, mined from millions of pages of legal information.
Based in Silicon Valley, Lex Machina is part of Lexis Analytics, a leading portfolio of solutions that power data-driven lawyers. By harnessing the power of Big Data, Lexis Analytics provides legal professionals with essential information and insights derived from an unmatched collection of legal and news content—fueling productivity, confidence, and better insights.