We're proud to focus on slow fashion with responsibly sourced and produced footwear while still delivering a fun, fashionable and comfortable new world clog.
GRAY, Maine (PRWEB) May 28, 2020
JAX & BARD® Shoes has launched a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter to raise funds to support further development of their line of revolutionary new modern-clog styles, utilizing production resources and methods that mix old-world craftsmanship with new world style. The company set out to raise an initial $10,000 on Kickstarter to produce the first batch of their latest innovative design, the Libby Hill Sandal.
Named after a popular outdoor trail system in the center of a small Maine town, the modern-style Libby Hill clog is hand assembled using responsibly sourced materials, including a gently contoured sustainable lightweight hardwood base, a fly-knit upper made from recycled material that offers a custom fit to secure the foot, a natural plant-based, skid-proof rubber sole, and natural cork labels. The Libby Hill Sandal is available in six color options: black, cayenne red, granite grey, maple cream, marine blue, and white.
Use of modern fly-knit technology and sustainably sourced wood base in the Libby Hill Sandal allows JAX & BARD®, to continue its commitment to “slow fashion”, focusing on pairing thoughtful, timeless designs with product sustainability:
- Utilizing production resources and methods that mix old-world craftsmanship with new world style
- Selecting production partners who do not exploit workers or product
- Sourcing sustainable, long lasting, natural and recycled materials
- Limiting production and stock of product, avoiding excessive product waste
- Creating footwear intended to stand the test of time, resulting in multiple season use of footwear and minimizing need for replacement
- Using minimal packaging and encouraging thoughtful re-use of packing materials
- Supporting women’s needs through contributions to organizations focused on strengthening women.
Backers can pre-order the Libby Hill Sandal on Kickstarter, at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaxandbard/libby-hill-sandal.
Additional in-stock styles are available at https://jaxandbard.shoes/collections/retail.