We're proud of our entire team for their commitment to our mission and for their perseverance in the face of multiple challenges. This recognition validates all the hard work and inspires our team to reach even higher.
LONG BEACH, Calif. (PRWEB) October 22, 2019
Mosaic Gardens at Westlake, a beautiful 125-unit affordable apartment complex near downtown Los Angeles, has captured the hearts and minds of the architecture and affordable housing industries, amassing five coveted awards since it opened in summer 2018.
"We literally moved mountains to get this building and community to the finish line," said Rebecca Clark, president and CEO, Linc Housing. "People's lives are changing because of access to this affordable and supportive housing. We're proud of our entire team for their commitment to our mission and for their perseverance in the face of multiple challenges. This recognition validates all the hard work and inspires our team to reach even higher."
Mosaic Gardens at Westlake, designed by Lahmon Architects and built by Walton Construction Inc., was honored with the following awards:
- 2018 Multi-Family Development of Year for most outstanding overall development of the year, from Southern California Association of NonProfit Housing (SCANPH)'s Homes Within Reach Awards program.
- 2019 Gold Nugget Award for Best Affordable Housing Community (60 du/acre or more). These awards honor the industry’s best, brightest and most innovative architects, planners and builder/developers.
- 2019 Los Angeles Business Council Architectural Award of Excellence in the “Housing” category, which honors outstanding architecture and design projects that significantly enhance the Los Angeles community’s urban environment.
- 2019 American Institute of Architects|LA Residential Architecture “Honor” Award in the Affordable Housing category. The juror notes say Mosaic Gardens at Westlake is an "outstanding example of space and how you can make affordable housing beautiful and stunning and yet also warm and vibrant for the residents living there. How it sits in the city and the way it makes that public space is quite noteworthy."
- 2019 Multifamily Executive Award – Project of the Year in the Affordable category. Multifamily Executive's annual program honors the apartment industry's best people, programs, and projects.
Mosaic Gardens at Westlake, located at 111 S. Lucas Avenue in Los Angeles, features 80 one-, 15 two- and 30 three-bedroom homes for low-income families and seniors. Nearly 1,900 households submitted applications for the initial lottery for the 60 affordable homes for families and seniors earning up to 60 percent of area median income. The remaining apartments are for people who have experienced homelessness.
Through Linc's partnerships, the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services and The People Concern provide wraparound supportive services for the formerly homeless households. Services include mental health and physical health services, employment counseling and job placement, education, substance abuse counseling, money management, assistance in obtaining and maintaining benefits, and referrals to community-based services and resources. Linc Cares supports all residents with a variety of services to promote community, health and wellness.
About Linc Housing Corporation
Linc Housing, one of California's most productive nonprofit developers of affordable housing, is committed to building communities and strengthening neighborhoods for people underserved by the marketplace. Linc has helped create more than 8,000 homes in 79 communities throughout the state. The organization's properties are known for excellent design, outstanding management and life-enhancing services for its residents. Linc has more than 35 years of service to families, seniors, people with special needs, and local governments - helping to create sustainable communities via new construction, acquisition and rehabilitation, and historic preservation. Visit http://www.linchousing.org for more information.