“When determining the risk profile of a person, insurance companies use all info available. Insurers rely on official statistics to determine how likely is for a client to file a claim”, said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) January 10, 2019
Lowcostcarinsuranceprice.com has launched a new blog post that explains the main factors that influence car insurance costs.
Car insurance companies analyze multiple factors when calculating premiums. Companies develop different algorithms and ways to quantify those factors and use them to assess a risk profile and associated premiums. The most important factors are:
- Driving history. Insurance companies ask several questions about the years of experience behind the wheel and recent traffic violations. Online questionnaires will ask about the driver’s license or permit and its status (valid/active or suspended). Furthermore, clients will be asked at what age they got their license. Next, the client will be asked to answer if he or she committed any traffic violation in the past 3-5 years or were involved in an accident. Multiple traffic violations will get a driver labeled “high-risk”.
- Make and model of the car. Insurance companies ask about the car make and model, plus trim, in order to check the price, numbers of accidents with that model involved and car theft frequency. The Actual Cash Value is also calculated based on the provided info.
- Coverage history. Car insurance companies ask about car coverage history, especially if the client has or had coverage with them, in order to check how long the client tends to stay with the same company. Furthermore, the client will be asked about the last maximum liability coverage, if he was previously insured.
- Marital status. On average, married people get better rates when compared with single people with similar age, background and vehicle. Married people are seen as more responsible. Being divorced or separated will increase the rates.
- Education level. Education plays an important role in getting better rates and persons with at least college degree are also seen more responsible and able to focus on the driving task ahead. Drivers currently in college will be asked about their GPA, in order to check if they are eligible for good student discounts.
Lowcostcarinsuranceprice.com is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
For more information, please visit http://lowcostcarinsuranceprice.com