NEW YORK, Dec. 17, 2020 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Ragtime. Anastasia. Once On This Island. A Man of No Importance. My Favorite Year. Lynn Ahrens has created lyrics for award winning songs for Broadway, Hollywood, and television earning Tony, Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle Awards, in addition to Academy Award, Grammy Award and Golden Globe nominations. Ahrens is one of the most revered and prolific contemporary lyricists — a woman in a world where few have flourished. In 2018, 92Y's Lyrics & Lyricists series shined a spotlight on her incredible talent! See it now for the first time online.
Presented free for one night only, Ahrens' intent is to help raise funds for a number of organizations that directly benefit and impact members of the theatrical community who are in need of help during the pandemic.
"We're all trying, in our own ways, to do what we can. I hope people will not only enjoy the program but will be moved to donate" says Ahrens.
Lynn Ahrens: A Lyric Life is directed by Jason Danieley, has music direction by Mary-Mitchell Campbell, co-music direction by Michael Gacetta and features a cast of Nikki Renée Daniels, David Harris, Margo Seibert, Brandon Uranowitz and Alton Fitzgerald White, accompanied by Nate Brown, Cenovia Cummins, Client De Ganon, Pete Donovan, Michael Gacetta and Aaron Heick. Lynn Ahrens hosts.
After the 18th, the program will continue to be available on Stage Access for a limited period of time to subscribers.
ABOUT LYNN AHRENS
- "There's a fairly good chance that Lynn Ahrens wrote one of your favorite songs." - Broadway World
- "Ahrens has left her own indelible mark on the theatrical world." - Playbill
- "Ahrens' lyrics have that mix of wonder and plainspoken simplicity that characterizes stories handed down among generations." - Hollywood Reporter
- "Lynn Ahrens is quite remarkable. If you study her lyrics, you will see how they advance the story. You will understand how precisely they express the character who sings them, you will marvel at their range both in wit and sensitivity. All told, the simple, true lines Lynn Ahrens composed for Ragtime have revealed to me what art there is in lyric writing." - E.L. Doctorow, author of "Ragtime"
- "Lynn Ahrens is a musical librettist's best friend. Her lyrics are intelligent. Her compassion for a story's characters is boundless. And when joy is called for, there are no happier sounds than her words. She is that rare creature who can make art and good show business at the same time." - Terrrence McNally, playwright
- "…Lynn Ahrens continues to see the humanist potential in the medium… writing musicals that explore the struggles of men and women." - NY Times
- "Her words are simple, direct and poignant." "…chameleonic skills" "...immensely gifted." - NY Times
ABOUT LYRICS & LYRICISTS™
Since 1970, Lyrics & Lyricists™, the pioneering American Songbook series, and one of 92Y's signature series, has celebrated the work of songwriters like Lynn Ahrens, Betty Comden & Adolph Green, Dorothy Fields, Sheldon Harnick, Jerome Kern, Cole Porter, and David Zippel with champions and interpreters of the American Songbook including Rob Berman, Rob Fisher, David Loud, Kathleen Marshall, John Pizzarelli, and Ted Sperling.
ABOUT STAGE ACCESS™
STAGE ACCESS™ is the on-demand streaming platform featuring iconic content in dance, opera, concerts and theatre with a growing list of performing arts original content including Yo-Yo Ma, Six Solo Bach Cello Suites from the Odeon, Athens and The 3 Tenors: From Caracalla to the World, The 30th Anniversary Documentary. Currently available in North America on the web at http://www.stageaccess.com, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Roku, STAGE ACCESS™ was founded by Bruce H. Lipnick with the mission of expanding access to the arts and providing support for arts organizations. Tripp Hornick of Quince Street Strategy leads operations.
Tripp Hornick, Stage Access, Inc., +1 (212) 320-9518, [email protected]
SOURCE Stage Access, Inc.