Tampa, Florida (PRWEB) May 04, 2017 -- With the onset of the 2017 Atlantic Hurricane season starting on June 1, MaintenX International wants to help local businesses and facilities prepare for the impact of a large storm. Through proper disaster preparedness, you can improve your recovery time and get back to business as usual more quickly.
“It’s important to take the proper precautions and prepare your business or facility for a potential hurricane threat,” said Bill Schaphorst, VP of Business Development at MaintenX International. “By incorporating extra safeguards in your company, you’ll protect your facility, your employees, and lessen the financial impact of a disaster.”
MaintenX has helped businesses recover from hurricanes for more than a decade. Below are the company’s top 10 recommendations on proper precautions to take in order to help businesses prevent or reduce disaster damage in their facilities:
1. Make sure buildings are up to code with local authorities.
2. Bolt tall bookcases or display cases to wall studs.
3. Protect breakable objects by securing them to a stand or shelf using hook-and-loop fasteners.
4. Move any large objects to lower shelves. This will prevent items from falling or injuring someone.
5. Install latches to keep drawers and cabinets from flying open.
6. Cover all doors and windows with custom-cut plywood or closable shutters to protect from damage caused by debris blown by high winds and heavy rain.
7. Use closed screw eyes and wire to securely attach framed pictures and mirrors to walls.
8. Wrap plumber’s tape around a hot water heater to secure it to wall studs.
9. Consider having a professional install flexible connectors to appliances and equipment fueled by natural gas.
10. Make sure staff is trained to understand the warning signs of a storm and is knowledgeable about the implementation process of these safeguards.
For more information on how to plan for severe weather, visit: http://maintenx.com/disaster/.
ABOUT MAINTENX INTERNATIONAL:
MaintenX International is a fully-licensed general contracting company. As one of the largest national facility maintenance and repair companies in the U.S., MaintenX has created a wide network of knowledgeable and professional technicians that includes a national subcontractor network of over 45,000 members. For over 30 years, MaintenX has been expertly serving multi-location retail stores, restaurant chains and Fortune 500 companies nationwide.
Bill Schaphorst, MaintenX International, +1 813-297-9348, [email protected]
SOURCE MaintenX International