Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) May 29, 2015 -- Earlier this month, custom metal basket manufacturer Marlin Steel was recognized by the Occupation Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) for maintaining “exemplary injury and illness prevention programs” as per OSHA’s SHARP award. This makes Marlin Steel the fifth company in the state of Maryland to earn the distinction. Marlin Steel, as a manufacturing company, has gone more than 2,347 days without a time-lost safety incident.
SHARP, or the Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program, is a distinction that many companies try to earn, but few can achieve. A company that has earned recognition under SHARP has set itself apart as being a leader in promoting worker safety.
As stated on the SHARP award benefits page, employers that have earned a SHARP award:
• Protect workers from all safety and health hazards that may exist at your workplace;
• Work with OSHA to identify and implement best practices to protect your workers;
• Develop and innovative injury and illness prevention program for your business that will protect your worker.
Create a Culture
• Create a better working environment free of safety and health hazards;
• Boost worker morale by involving workers in creating a culture that emphasizes a safe and healthful workplace;
• Improve communication among workers and management;
• Encourage safety in the community as workers may transfer safe and healthy work practices outside of the workplace.
Build a Reputation
• Receive official recognition from OSHA for your achievement of SHARP status and for maintaining an exemplary injury and illness prevent program;
• Become a leader in your industry by providing a safe and healthy workplace for workers;
• Attract skillful workers looking to join a business that is at the forefront of its industry in providing a safe and healthy workplace for its workers.
The dogged pursuit of excellence by the safety committee and Marlin’s own heavy investment in manufacturing automation and employee training and skills development, this manufacturer has seen significant improvements in employee safety in the last two decades.
This dedication to excellence in employee safety is part of what inspired the Maryland Occupation Safety and Health (MOSH) to recognize Marlin Steel as the fifth company in the state of Maryland to be fit for a SHARP award. On May 18, Kelly M. Schulz, a Secretary of the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, came to the Marlin Steel factory to present the SHARP award to the Marlin Steel team.
Even though Marlin Steel has already earned the SHARP award, the Baltimore-based manufacturer will continue to work to promote employee safety through the use of advanced training and factory automation that ensures safe, consistent, and reliable manufacturing results.
To learn more about Marlin Steel, use the contact information below.
Marlin Steel Wire Products
2640 Merchant Drive
Baltimore, MD, USA 21230-3307
Main office: (410) 644-7456
Sales Engineers: (443) 552-5400
Drew Greenblatt, Marlin Steel, http://www.marlinwire.com/, +1 (410) 644-7456 Ext: 0, [email protected]