“Many people yearn to visit a spa right now, either to relax with a massage or to treat mask-induced acne with the help of a facial,” says MassageLuXe CEO Mark Otter. “To treat maskne, we offer a Hydra Medic facial that helps control breakouts and prevents new ones from forming."
ST. LOUIS (PRWEB) September 01, 2020
Locals are flocking for help to battle a pimply problem: maskne, which is acne caused when sweat, oil and bacteria are trapped under your mask, on your skin, creating a breakout breeding ground. Yuck! Maskne is also aggravated by stress as folks worry about everything from jobs to school to health!
Experts with MassageLuXe, a leading massage spa franchise, are helping people get rid of maskne and cope with stress with their Hydra Medic facial and Clear Your Skin/Clear Your Mind Checklist. Spas, which are open in accordance with local guidelines, can help mask the harmful effects of this stressful time.
“Many people yearn to visit a spa right now, either to relax with a massage or to treat mask-induced acne with the help of a facial,” says MassageLuXe CEO Mark Otter. “To treat maskne, we offer a Hydra Medic facial that helps control breakouts and prevents new ones from forming. Most MassageLuXe locations are open for all services, and safety guidelines are strictly enforced. But, if you’re not ready to venture out, we’ve created the Clear Your Skin/Clear Your Mind Checklist to help everyone get a luxurious and relaxing treatment anytime, even at home.”
Clear Your Skin/Clear Your Mind Checklist
1. Wash Your Face Every Day – Dirt and oil accumulate on your face throughout the day, so it’s a good idea to wash away the grime at night. It’s okay to wash your face in the morning as well, but you don’t want to do it more than twice a day unless you are following instructions from a dermatologist. First, remove any eye makeup with a gentle makeup remover. Then, use lukewarm water to rinse your face along with a gentle cleanser. Look for a cleanser that matches your skin type or ask a licensed esthetician for advice. Toner is great for anyone fighting acne or with oily skin, and this should be applied after a cleanser. Apply moisturizer at night and in the morning, use a heavier moisturizer at night, and make sure your daytime moisturizer has SPF.
2. Wash Your Masks – Change your masks frequently and keep them clean to reduce irritation. Use a fragrance-free detergent to further prevent irritation. Not only does washing keep acne at bay, it is also important for infection control.
3. Moisturize Under Your Mask – Don’t shy away from putting moisturizer on your face because you’re afraid it will cause acne. A light layer of moisturizer can serve as a barrier for your skin against any friction or irritation from the mask. And don’t forget those lips, lip balm works great to prevent dryness and chapping.
4. Go Light on the Makeup – It’s OKAY to wear a little makeup to cover those blemishes, just keep it light (especially if it’s going under a mask for a while). Just make sure to wash your face and remove your makeup daily. But hey, if you’re enjoying a makeup-free lifestyle right now, even better!
5. Get a Professional Facial – There may be no better way to de-stress AND take care of maskne at the same time than by visiting a spa for a professional facial. Get a facial customized to your skin type or to help get rid of or prevent maskne.
1. Sleep Tight – Many of us are sleep-deprived, especially now that working/teaching/doing everything from home makes it hard to “turn off.” Make sleep a priority so you can stress less and focus more during the waking hours.
2. Stretch to Relieve Stress – If you’re working from home, homeschooling your kids, or trying to do both at the same time, you’re probably stressed out! Take a break at your desk and give your neck a stress-relieving stretch. Drop your chin to your chest, place your hands on the back of your head, and gently push down. Hold this stretch for about 30 seconds and repeat a few times.
3. Maintain an Exercise Routine – You don’t need to hit the gym just to get the exercise you need to feel better. Exercise is an important component in your goal of stressing less — it releases all sorts of hormones that make you feel better. Take a walk or go for a jog around your neighborhood, or join a virtual training program if you need motivation to exercise at home.
4. Turn Your Bathroom into a Spa – Fill up your tub with hot water, throw on some relaxing music, light an aromatherapy candle, and voila! You have yourself an at-home spa! A warm bath has the power to relax tense muscles, lower your blood pressure, and relieve joint pain.
5. Get a Professional Massage – A soothing massage will do wonders to help you relax and feel free from stress. A Swedish massage can be very gentle and relaxing, while a deep tissue massage helps relax tight muscles. Many MassageLuXe spas are open in accordance with local guidelines. Every spa that is open follows strict safety guidelines, so you can rest assured that you are getting pampered in a safe and clean environment.
Founded in 2008 in St. Louis, Missouri, MassageLuXe is a fast-growing franchise-based spa company with a mission of delivering the highest quality massage while providing a comfortable, relaxing and luxurious environment to clients. To further this mission, MassageLuXe also grants clients access to Repechage facials and waxing services.
Massage is a service that improves health, promotes relaxation and overall well-being for the consumer, and has been practiced throughout the world for thousands of years. MassageLuXe currently has 68 locations across 16 states and is planning to expand to 250 locations in the next five years.