“Companies that emerge successfully from times of crisis are defined by their agility, leadership communication and innovation,” said Myers. “Our community can proactively respond, be resilient and ultimately be stronger than ever."
NEW YORK (PRWEB) April 30, 2020
Jack Myers Hosts “Leadership Conversations for Renewal and Growth”
- Media, marketing, and advertising community join to raise funds for non-profit organizations and initiatives in need
- 4A's Marla Kaplowitz and ANA's Bob Liodice Speak to the Industry on May 4
MediaVillage founder Jack Myers is hosting “Leadership Conversations for Renewal and Growth” live-streamed conversations with more than 30 industry and educational leaders at MediaVillage.com and ZOOM through July 17. The funds raised during the fireside chats, panels and conversations are being distributed to over 30 organizations and non-profits serving the community. Scheduled conversations include Unilever Global CMO Aline Santos, IPG CEO Michael Roth, DentsuAegis president Jacki Kelley and The Goldberg’s executive producer Doug Robinson. On May 4, the 4A’s Marla Kaplowitz and ANA’s Bob Liodice join Jack to discuss industry realities and share a community message of opportunity and collaboration. Special Leadership Conversations will focus on education, diversity and technology.
“Companies that emerge successfully from times of crisis are defined by their agility, leadership communication and innovation,” said Myers. “Non-profit organizations, small companies, families and individuals are struggling through a difficult period and some will never fully recover. Our community can proactively respond, be resilient and ultimately be stronger than ever.”
Myers’ economic data, published at The Myers Report, charts the economic impact of Covid-19 on the industry and, he points out, “reinforces the reality that many in our community will be personally affected not just by the virus but by an inevitable financial reckoning.” Adds Myers, “As a community we need to be preparing now to support them. We cannot be reliant on our government or corporate largess. We’re committed to being responsive to the human needs resulting from this crisis, elevating our member companies’ leadership voices, and bringing our community together through shared experiences. At MediaVillage we host 90 distinct content platforms dedicated to amplifying voices of leadership. As marketers, agencies, media companies and studios are confronting a new reality, we’re expanding our resources to maintain human connectivity while delivering on our core promise of advancing executive leadership, online education, market intelligence and advancing diversity in the media and advertising industry.”
Among the many highlights of the series of Zoom events will be The Myers Report Industry Update, which will be presented at an open ZOOM webcast and live-streamed at MediaVillage on Wednesday, May 27 at 11:00am ET. The Update is based on a survey of 700 advertising and agency executives and assesses perceptions of 80 media organizations and overall economic recovery expectations. (The link to attend: Strengths, Weaknesses, Obstacles and Opportunities for Media and Advertising.)
Myers’ series of leadership conversations will be hosted on ZOOM and live streamed at MediaVillage, LinkedIn, Facebook Live and other social platforms. During the series, Myers will also host two of his well-known Lunch at Michael’s conversations with Michael’s popular hosts, executives and celebrities making cameos at Myers’ “virtual table.” On May 22, the first “Lunch at Michael’s” will take place with TLC President Howard Lee. (Link to attend: Up-close profile of TLC’s drive to ratings leadership and the exec who’s led the growth.) On June 16, the second Virtual Lunch at Michael’s will host Lifetime TV’s Amy Winter, Head of Programming, and Gena McCarthy, SVP Reality Programming. (Link to attend: The Changing Reality of TV Programming. The Future of Reality Will Never Be the Same)
All leadership conversations with Myers will be available on-demand within 72-hours at MediaVillage. Jack’s Leadership Conversations with MoffettNathanson analyst Michael Nathanson, The Female Quotient’s Shelley Zalis, and agency veterans Mainardo de Nardis and Rob Norman are now available for viewing. All Jack Myers Leadership Conversations occur at 1:00pm Eastern Time and include:
- Thursday, April 30: Kent Harrington, In the National Interest columnist for MediaVillage, former CIA Director of Information, and Erich J. Prince, News On-The-Record columnist for MediaVillage, cofounder of Merion West, an online magazine providing centrist political commentary. Link to attend: Media & News: Serving the Public Interest? -- Jack Myers with Kent Harrington and Erich Prince
- Monday, May 4: Bob Liodice, President & CEO of Association of National Advertisers, and Marla Kaplowitz, President & CEO of 4A’s. Link to attend: One Community + One Voice: ANA and 4As -- Jack Myers with ANA's Bob Liodice and 4A's' Marla Kaplowitz
- Thursday, May 7: Lisa Schoder, Ford Head of U.S. Media, and Jim Motavalli, Motavalli on Auto Marketing. Link to attend: Ford’s Lisa Schoder on Post-COVID-19 Auto Marketing & Media Planning
- Tuesday May 12: Doug Robinson, Executive Producer of ABC’s The Goldberg’s and Schooled. Link to attend: Hollywood Realities: A Network TV Programming Gut-Check for Madison Avenue
- Thursday, May 14: David Kenny, CEO and CDO, Nielsen. Link to attend: David Kenny: Future Vision: The Media, Marketing, Advertising and Data Ecosystem
- Tuesday, May 19: Michael Farmer, author of Madison Avenue Manslaughter and the Madison Avenue Makeover column at MediaVillage. Link to attend: Behind-the-Scenes View of the Reinvention at the Holding Companies and Creative Agencies
- Thursday, May 28: Heide Gardner, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer IPG, and Rachel Schnorr, Diversity, Inclusion & Social Impact Lead at Dentsu Aegis, and Kirk McDonald, CMO/CRO, Xandr. Link to attend: Advancing Diversity from Advocacy to Activism: A Guide for All Leaders
- Tuesday, June 2: Dean Mark Lodato, Syracuse University Newhouse School, and Dean Tom Reichert, University of South Carolina; Dean of the College of Information and Communications. Link to attend: Leading Communications School Deans on the State of Education and Job Market
- Thursday, June 4: Terry Kawaja, Media/Tech Industry M&A Advisor, Luma Partners. Link to attend: M&A, VC, Equity Funding Update: Future of Media, Advertising & Tech Investments
- Tuesday, June 9: Kevin Arrix, Senior Vice President, Dish Media at Dish on Network, Jamie Power, COO of Cadent, and Nicolle Pangis, CEO of Ampersand. Link to attend: Will Covid-19 Move Advanced & Addressable TV Forward or Backward: Leaders’ Perspective
- Wednesday, June 17: Aline Santos, Global CMO and Chief Diversity Officer, Unilever. Link to attend: Unilever’s Senior Marketing and Diversity Officer on Branding, Agencies, Advertising and Diversity
- Tuesday, June 23: Jacki Kelley, CEO Americas; Dentsu Aegis Network. Link to attend: Leadership, Equality, Managing Through Crisis, New Media Agency Architecture
- Thursday, June 25: Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO, Interpublic Group. Link to attend: An Insider’s Look at the Advertising and Media Business – Top to Bottom
- Tuesday, June 30: Cliff Marks, Leading Film Director with National Cinemedia President. Link to attend: The Future of Film Deals, Distribution & the Theater-Going Experience
- Thursday, July 2: Ken Dychtwald, author of The Age Wave; Peter Hubbell, author of The Age of Aging; and Keith Reinhard, Chairman Emeritus, DDB. Link to attend: Who We Are. Why We Count. Why Are We Being Left Out?
- Monday, July 13: Jodi Senese, CMO, Outfront; Mark Kidd, CEO, Captivate; Greg Kahn, Founder Internet of Things Consortium. Link to attend: The New Outdoors and Out-of-Home Living Experience
- Thursday, July 16: Michael Nathanson – Lead Analyst, MoffettNathanson. Link to attend: Economic Look Back to April 15 and Forward to 2021. View the April 15 Myers/Nathanson Economic Conversation on-demand here.
Funds raised during the Virtual Upfront & Fundraising Relief Initiative leadership conversations can be made at MediaVillage donate section. Among the relief fund beneficiaries:
- Online Education Support: Ad Council, Advertising Education Foundation, AAF Virtual Ad Camp, American Red Cross, AdvancingDiversity.org, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Mentor’s Playlist Initiative
- College Loan Relief Fund: AdFellows, IRTS Foundation, Jacaronda Foundation, Newhouse 44, She Runs It Debt Relief
- Veterans Support Programs: TD Foundation Veterans Fund, Institute for Veterans and Military Families
- Family, Individual, Human Support: ADCOLOR, Center for Disaster Philanthropy Covid-19 Response Fund, Feeding America, Feed the Children, International Rescue Committee, Meals on Wheels, MediaVillage Community Campaign, No Kid Hungry, United Jewish Appeal
- Media Industry Small Business Support Fund: FQ Small Business Fund, MediaVillage Learning Lab, Restaurant Workers Community Foundation, Michael’s Employee Fund, John A. Reisenbach Foundation
The 50-member Advancing Diversity Council, whose role is identifying and directing the distribution of funds, is comprised of leaders from every sector of the industry and include: ADCOLOR, Ad Council, Advertising Education Foundation, American Advertising Federation, 4As, ANA, ANA AIMM, Ascential, Active International, Crown Media, Davila Multicultural Insights, Dentsu Aegis, Effectv, Facebook, The Female Quotient, Good I Upworthy, Hearst Corporation, Hershey Co., Intel, IPG, MediaVillage, Nielsen, Omnicom, P&G, Publicis, Sam’s Club, She Runs It, 3% Movement, Twitter, Unilever, and Walt Disney Television.
“Jack Myers Leadership Conversations for Renewal & Growth” sponsorship opportunities include: Title Partner ($50,000); Activist Partner ($30,000); Leadership Partner ($15,000); Community Partner ($5,000); Supporting Partner ($3,000). Funds for Covid-19 Relief will be administered by the Advancing Diversity Council, an organization of 40 industry leaders focused on advancing diversity from advocacy to activism. For details email Jack Myers at Jack@MediaVillage.com / Mark Altschuler at Mark@MediaVillage.com. Follow @mediavillagecom @advdiversity #virtualupfront
MediaVillage is the media and advertising community’s B2B Knowledge Center of Excellence. Through our collective impact approach, we implement effective and cost efficient B2B growth solutions. For the past decade, MediaVillage, in collaboration with partners across the marketing ecosystem, has been pilot testing innovative strategies for generating growth. Today, more than 150 companies, organizations and industry leaders are members of the MediaVillage Knowledge Exchange, a B2B Solutions Marketplace and Center of Excellence.
About Jack Myers:
For more than 40 years, MediaVillage founder Jack Myers has been singularly dedicated to identifying, developing and introducing solutions to the challenges confronting media companies. As the world’s leading media ecologist, he’s a noted expert on generational and gender shifts, the impact of technological advances on business economics, and the dynamics of business growth and decline. His background includes executive roles at CBS Television, ABC Radio, Metromedia Outdoor, Television Production Partners, and UTV Cable Network.