TAMPA, Fla. (PRWEB) April 21, 2020
MGT Consulting Group (MGT), a national leader in high-value public sector management consulting and technology services, announced today it has successfully closed a deal securing Trivest Partners as a minority private equity impact investor. Trivest was attracted to MGT’s impressive growth track record driven by MGT’s core mission of helping public agencies advance performance on behalf of the communities they serve. Funds from the transaction will be used to power growth by supporting investments in innovation, acquisitions and expanding technology infrastructure.
“This is a great deal to accomplish during a difficult time and demonstrates that we are the best of the best based on our ability to innovate with agility and our employees’ deep, personal commitment to our clients,” said MGT Consulting CEO and Chairman, Trey Traviesa. “We partner with public professionals across the country to serve citizens by solving complex problems, addressing emerging opportunities and increasing operational performance – which is particularly helpful in our demanding, turbulent public sector environment. MGT is laser-focused on growing our ability to create social impact in the communities we serve, especially through M&A.”
Examples of MGT social impact include:
- Serving higher education institutions to assess the feasibility of introducing new medical school programs to address rural access to quality health care.
- Leading comprehensive facility master planning projects for large public school districts in support of education innovation and public facilities financing.
- Protecting client data and information systems with cyber solutions ranging from county child-support services to state elections security monitoring.
- Serving over 5,000 city and county clients with fiscal solutions to help them provide public services efficiently and better support financial obligations, including employee pensions.
- Contracting as Emergency Operators of failing public schools and school districts in high-poverty communities, impacting 50,000 students and 5,000 teachers and staff to improve academic performance, graduation rates and financial health.
- Leading more than 220 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion studies, examining local criminal justice systems, public works contracting and other areas of state and local government operations for disparities.
- Ensuring tribal entities have updated classification, compensation and benefits systems so they can provide adequate services to their people and recruit and retain the best and brightest talent.
Serving thousands of public sector agencies and communities over its 45-year history, MGT leverages its experience and data with a leading-edge entrepreneurial approach. The company combines the right talent, platforms and technologies to drive social change in a high-performance culture.
“We engaged in this impact investment process to maximize our value to clients and to distinguish MGT as the clear leader in high-value SLED consulting and technology services,” Traviesa said. “As an employee-owned company, each and every member of our team is aligned to create a very special enterprise which leads the industry by serving our clients and the public through meaningful work.”
“We are excited about partnering with MGT because they are building a leading business enterprise that yields powerful social benefits and that is very unique,” said Jamie Elias, Partner at Trivest. “We believe MGT’s opportunity for growth is almost unlimited in the $100 Billion SLED services market and we are ready to invest our significant capabilities in support of their winning strategy.”
About MGT Consulting
MGT is a national public sector management consulting and technology services firm that delivers diverse consulting services to a wide range of state, local and education clients across the U.S. and abroad. Leveraging a 45-year track record and reputation, MGT’s subject matter experts partner with thousands of public agency leaders to provide trusted solutions that improve government performance and help communities thrive. Visit us at http://www.mgtconsulting.com or find us on social media.
About Trivest Partners
Trivest Partners, LP, with offices in Miami, Los Angeles and Philadelphia, is a private investment firm with $1 Billion under management that focuses on partnering with founder/family-owned businesses in the United States and Canada in both control and non-control transactions. Since its founding in 1981, Trivest has completed over 300 transactions, totaling approximately $6 billion in value, and has significant experience in assisting tech-enabled business service companies scale through market share capture and add-on acquisitions. For additional information, please visit http://www.trivest.com.
MGT Media Relations
813-480-9749 (c) firstname.lastname@example.org