Self-employment is the fastest growing sector of our economy and the disability community is often excluded from the opportunity to pursue this path even though it is often a good fit.
BOULDER, Colo. (PRWEB) October 08, 2020
Celebrate EDU is pleased to announce that applications for their Microgrant Program are now open! The Boulder, Colorado-based non-profit organization was founded to provide education and resources to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities so that they can embark on a path of entrepreneurship.
“We started Celebrate EDU seven years ago, inspired by my brother Brent who is on the autism spectrum and is a successful entrepreneur,” said Co-Founder and CEO Jenny Anderson. ”Self-employment is the fastest growing sector of our economy and the disability community is often excluded from the opportunity to pursue this path even though it is often a good fit.”
“We’re so happy to offer this Microgrant Program in conjunction with our educational offerings to provide tangible resources and support for individuals with developmental disabilities to follow their dreams.”
The grants, which range from $100 to $500 are available to any person with intellectual or developmental disabilities with a new or emerging business. The requirements for application are:
- Applicant must be 16 years of age or older
- The business must be a new or emerging business that has not generated more than $3,000 in revenue
- Funds can be used for supplies, equipment, training, marketing, or anything else needed to start a business
- Businesses ideas must conform to legal requirements and not fall within disallowed categories.
Once an individual has been approved for a grant there are stipulations prior to disbursement, including:
- Approved applicants must complete a free course on business finances and budgeting from Celebrate EDU
- Approved applicants must submit a business budget and track spending of their funds.
To apply for a Microgrant, complete the initial assessment and application here.