NEW YORK, Jan. 12, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Mission Investors Exchange (MIE), the leading network of foundations engaged in impact investing, is pleased to announce two new officers on its Board of Directors and to welcome three new board members.
Ken Jones, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, has been elected Chair of the MIE Board of Directors, and Cynthia Muller, Director of Mission Driven Investments, W.K. Kellogg Foundation, has been elected Treasurer.
The newly elected board members are Ben L. Bynum, M.D., Portfolio Director of Program Related Investments, The Colorado Health Foundation; Frank Fernandez, President and CEO, Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta; and Shanaysha Sauls, President and CEO, Baltimore Community Foundation.
"Our Board of Directors is comprised of foundation leaders committed to increasing the scale and impact of impact investing as a way to confront the greatest social and environmental challenges of our times," Mr. Jones said. "I couldn't be happier and more determined to move forward with this thoughtful and diverse group of colleagues to help build and strengthen the field at this critical time."
The new board comes into place as MIE embarks on a robust 2021 agenda, working with its members and partners to use impact investing to collectively address COVID-19, racial inequity, climate change, and more.
"I am thrilled about our new board leadership and membership. Ken and Cynthia are inspiring leaders, full of passion and creativity for embracing impact investing as a fundamental part of philanthropy," said MIE President and CEO Matt Onek. "Ben, Frank, and Shanaysha bring diverse new perspectives and experiences to the board. I also want to extend a heartfelt thank you to outgoing board chair Stuart Comstock-Gay, President and CEO of the Delaware Community Foundation, who has helped lead MIE through an important period of increased impact and growth."
The complete 2021 MIE Board of Directors is:
- Ben L. Bynum, M.D., Portfolio Director of Program Related Investments, The Colorado Health Foundation
- Stuart Comstock-Gay, President and CEO, Delaware Community Foundation
- Frank Fernandez, President and CEO, Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
- Ken Jones, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, MacArthur Foundation
- Christine Looney, Deputy Director, Mission Investments, Ford Foundation
- Maria Lopez Vento, Vice President, Grants and Impact Investments, Bader Philanthropies
- Cynthia Muller, Director of Mission Driven Investments, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Matt Onek, President and CEO, Mission Investors Exchange
- Susan Phinney Silver, Mission Investing Director, The David & Lucile Packard Foundation
- Joohee Rand, Vice President, Philanthropy & Impact Investing, Anchorum St. Vincent
- Natalie Revelle, Deputy Director, Strategic Investment Fund, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Debra Schwartz, Managing Director, Impact Investments, The John D. And Catherine T. Macarthur Foundation
- Shuaib Siddiqui, Director, Impact Investing, Surdna Foundation
- Shanaysha Sauls, President and CEO, Baltimore Community Foundation
- Sherece West-Scantlebury, Chief Executive Officer, Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation
About Mission Investors Exchange
Mission Investors Exchange is the leading impact investing network for foundations dedicated to deploying capital for social and environmental change. With over 200 members, we provide resources, inspiration, and connections to help our members increase the scale and impact of their impact investing practice. Members come to Mission Investors Exchange and each other for best practices, new investment opportunities, deal partnerships, and innovations in impact investing around the world. Learn more at https://missioninvestors.org/.
Laila Hussain, Mission Investors Exchange, +1 646-568-5885, [email protected]
SOURCE Mission Investors Exchange