“MMA gives us a level of insight, knowledge and industry-wide collaboration we don’t get anywhere else – that's why so many top marketers are joining the board.” Karin Timpone, MMA Global Chair and Global Marketing Officer, Marriott International.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) October 01, 2019
As the global trade group architecting the future of marketing, today the MMA announced the appointment of new marketing industry leaders, including the CMOs of American Family Insurance, General Mills, General Motors, GlaxoSmithKline, Hershey, Hertz, hims & hers, Hyundai, Pepsi, Stitch Fix, Visa, and Walmart to its Global Board of Directors. The appointments cap the non-profit MMA’s five-year transformation into the leading global think tank, community and advocate for the advancement of marketing - the only marketing industry association to bring together senior leaders from all aspects of the industry.
The MMA has spent over $6 million in just the last few years to better understand the science of marketing and to define modern marketing as well as create brand new knowledge for pioneering marketers to accelerate their innovation and build enduring business growth. This focus is on helping MMA members become even more effective modern marketers.
“MMA gives us a level of insight, knowledge and industry-wide collaboration we don’t get anywhere else – that's why so many top marketers are joining the board,” said Karin Timpone, MMA Global Chair and Global Marketing Officer, Marriott International. “By bringing this group together, we accelerate innovation in the marketing industry, ultimately leading to business growth and stronger customer engagement.”
Over the past three years, MMA has demonstrated this leadership on critical industry issues with the launch of the Marketing Attribution Think Tank (MATT) to support next- generation measurement as well as a Marketing Org Structure Think Tank (MOSTT) to re-envision the modern marketing organization. In addition, MMA has challenged the notion of time as an audience benchmark through the first neuroscience study of how the brain reacts to advertising in mobile and desktop environments; produces more than 20 marketer conferences annually around the world including the globally recognized SMARTES Awards; developed the first Business Impact Index which ranks companies driving the highest level of business impact through their marketing campaigns; and led initiatives to counter marketing fraud (Future of Mobile Fraud) and development of leading thinking around Brand Safety (SAVE).
As a Board, the CMOs work with the senior most counterparts from the largest and most innovative marketing technology and media companies that are collectively redefining how advertising is created, delivered and measured.
“We now have over two-dozen of the world’s pioneering marketers along with martech and adtech leaders on the MMA Global Board who are collaboratively working to change media and marketing for the greater good,” said Greg Stuart, CEO, MMA. “With this unique and diverse structure of senior leaders across the marketing ecosystem, MMA is not only setting the standard for a new model of trade group but with our unique ability to marshal collective insight and influence to change the practice of marketing, we will also restore the ‘stature and gravitas’ into the office of the CMO.”
Elected by the MMA’s global membership, new board members will serve a two-year term beginning immediately. The new Global Board Members and existing Global Board Members include:
New Global Board Members:
- Jodi Allen, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Hertz
- Janet Balis, Global Media & Entertainment Advisory Services Leader, EY
- Jill Baskin, Chief Marketing Officer, The Hershey Company
- Lynne Biggar, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Visa
- Gerry D'Angelo, Global Media Director, P&G
- Dean Evans, Chief Marketing Officer, Hyundai Motor America
- Rita Ferro, President, Advertising Sales, Direct-to-Consumer and International, The Walt Disney Company
- Deirdre Findlay, Chief Marketing Officer, Stitch Fix
- Jeremi Gorman, Chief Business Officer, Snap Inc.
- Amardeep Kahlon, Chief Marketing Officer, GlaxoSmithKline
- Greg Lyons, SVP, Chief Marketing Officer, PepsiCo Beverages North America
- Joanna Lu, VP, Marketing and Communications, Greater China and Korea, The Coca-Cola Company
- Barbara Messing, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Walmart U.S.
- Ivan Pollard, Global Chief Marketing Officer, General Mills
- Deborah Wahl, Global Chief Marketing Officer, General Motors
- Melissa Waters, Chief Marketing Officer, hims & hers
- Telisa Yancy, Chief Operating Officer, American Family Insurance
Re-elected Board Members:
- Suzy Deering, Chief Marketing Officer, eBay Inc.
- Matt Derella, Global Vice President, Customers, Twitter Ayesha Gilarde, Chief Marketing Officer, Match
- Marie Gulin-Merle, PVH Chief Digital Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, Calvin Klein Peter McGuinness, President, Chobani
Existing Board Members whose terms were not up for re-election:
- Board Chair: Karin Timpone, Global Marketing Officer, Marriott International
- Deren Baker, CEO, Jumpshot
- Cameron Clayton, CEO and General Manager, IBM Watson Advertising Carolyn Everson, Vice President, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook Greg Glenday, CEO, Lightbox
- Jay Jaffin, Chief Marketing Officer, Verizon Connect
- Kellyn Kenny, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Hilton Worldwide
- Jeff Lucas, Vice President of North American Sales & Global Client Solutions, Verizon Media
- Charles Manning, President & CEO, Kochava
- Jack Philbin, Co-Founder & CEO, Vibes
- Allan Thygesen, President, Americas, Google
- Antonio Tomarchio, CEO & Founder, Cuebiq
- John Trimble, Chief Revenue Officer, Pandora Media, LLC
- Linda Yaccarino, Chairman, Advertising and Client Partnerships, NBCUniversal Treasurer: Stephen McCarthy, CFO/COO, GroundTruth
- Chair Emeritus: John Costello, Former President, Global Marketing & Innovation, Dunkin’
- Chair Emeritus: Luis Di Como, Executive Vice President, Global Media, Unilever PLC
- Chair Emeritus: Sanjay Gupta, Chief Customer Officer, TIAA
MMA Regional Board Representatives to Global Board:
- North America: Lou Paskalis, SVP; Enterprise Media Executive, Bank of America LATAM: Alberto "Banano" Pardo, Founder & CEO, Adsmovil
- LATAM: Gustavo Aguiar, CDO, Johnson & Johnson
- APAC: David Porter, VP, Global Media at Unilever Asia, Africa, Middle East, Turkey & Russia, Unilever
About the MMA:
Comprised of over 800-member companies globally and 14 regional offices, the MMA is the only marketing trade association that brings together the full ecosystem of marketers, tech providers and sellers working collaboratively to architect the future of marketing, while relentlessly delivering growth today. Anchoring the MMA’s mission are four core pillars; to cultivate inspiration by driving innovation for the Chief Marketing Officer; to build the mobile marketing capabilities for marketing organizations through fostering know-how and confidence; to champion the effectiveness and impact of mobile through research providing tangible ROI measurement; and to advocate for mobile marketers.
Members include: 1-800-Flowers.com, Adobe, Ahold Delhaize, Allstate, Ally Financial, American Eagle, American Express, AT&T, Bank of America, Calvin Klein, Campbell’s, Carbon, JPMorgan Chase, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Chobani, Choice Hotels, Citi, Clear Channel Outdoor, Colgate Palmolive, Cuebiq, CVS Health, Dunkin’ Brands, eBay, E*TRADE, Electronic Arts, ESPN, Estee Lauder, Facebook, Ford, Foursquare, General Motors Company, Google, Hilton Worldwide, IBM Watson, Jumpshot, Kellogg Company, LinkedIn, L’Oreal, Marriott International, Match Group, Mastercard, McDonald’s, MillerCoors, Monster, NBCU, OpenMarket, OpenX, Pandora, Pfizer, Pinterest, PlaceIQ, Procter & Gamble, RetailMeNot, Salesforce, Samsung, Shire, SITO Mobile, Snap Inc., SUBWAY, Target Inc., The Coca-Cola Company, T- Mobile, Turner Broadcasting, Twitter, Uber, Unilever, Verizon Media Group, Verizon Connect, Vibes, Walmart, Waze, Yieldmo, Zurich and many more. The MMA’s global headquarters are located in New York with regional operations Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) and Latin America (LATAM). For more information see http://www.mmaglobal.com.