“Through the mix of members and programs, the MMA is uniquely positioned to help marketers leverage this once in an era transformation that mobile brings for immediate business growth while also building the foundation needed for future success," said Luis Di Como, EVP, Global Media, Unilever.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) October 01, 2018
MMA Boards now Include 20+ CMO’s
Today at MMA’s INNOVATE event, MMA, the leading global trade group for the marketing industry, today announced the appointment of 7 executives including 3 new CMOs to the Global Board of Directors from T-Mobile, Calvin Klein, Verizon Connect, Hilton Hotels, Lyft, Oath and NBCUniversal and 14 executives to the North America Board from Choice Hotels, Estee Lauder, The Coca-Cola Company, eBay, Giant Food, Adobe Systems Incorporated, Uber, Unilever, Foursquare, The Washington Post Company, Electronic Arts, Inc, Yieldmo Inc., Kellogg’s and Dunkin’ Brands.
Also announced was the appointment of Luis Di Como, Executive Vice President, Global Media at Unilever as the new Global Chair. Di Como, a global media leader and driver of innovation replaces outgoing chair Sanjay Gupta, former Executive Vice President of Marketing, Innovation and Corporate Relations at Allstate Insurance Company.
“I am both humbled and honored to work with such an outstanding group of marketing leaders on both the Global and North America Boards. The composition of these two boards now with 20+ CMOs and over 40 major marketers together with leading companies in technology and media reflect both the transformation mobile has had on business and the imperative for marketing change,” said Greg Stuart, CEO, MMA. “This continues a trend that began about four years ago when leaders of this caliber chose to work together with the MMA to architect the future of marketing. They, as is true for the MMA team, are here to change the world of marketing.”
Elected by the MMA’s global membership, new board members will serve a two-year term beginning immediately. The new Global Board Members and re-elected Global Board Members include:
New Global Board Members:
- Nick Drake, EVP of Marketing and Experience, T-Mobile
- Marie Gulen-Merle, CMO, Calvin Klein
- Jay Jaffin, CMO, Verizon Connect
- Kellyn Kenny, Global CMO, Hilton Hotels
- Jeff Lucas, VP, Head of Americas Sales and Global Teams, Oath
- Melissa Waters, VP Marketing, Lyft
- Linda Yaccarino, Chairman of Advertising & Client Partnerships, NBCUniversal
Renewed Global Board Members:
- Luis Di Como, EVP, Global Media, Unilever (Chair)
- Carolyn Everson, VP, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
- Ilonka Laviz, Digital Marketing Director, Procter & Gamble
- Tim Mahoney, CMO, General Motors
- Marc Mathieu, CMO, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- Jack Philbin, Co-Founder & CEO, Vibes
- Allan Thygesen, President America's, Google
- Karin Timpone, Global Marketing Officer, Marriott
- John Trimble, Chief Revenue Officer, Pandora
Current Global Board Members whose terms were not up for re-election include:
- Deren Baker, CEO, Jumpshot
- Susan Canavari, Chief Brand Officer, JPMorgan Chase
- Cameron Clayton, GM Watson Content and IoT Platform, IBM Watson
- John Costello, Former President, Global Mktg & Innovation, Dunkin' Brands
- Suzy Deering, CMO, eBay, Inc.
- Matt Derella, Head of Customers, Twitter
- Ayesha Gilarde, CMO, Match.com
- David Godsman, CDO, The Coca-Cola Company
- Sanjay Gupta, Former EVP-Marketing Innov. & Corp. Relations
- Peter Hamilton, CEO, TUNE
- Sunil Kumar, CEO/Co-Founder, GroundTruth, Inc.
- Stephen McCarthy, CFO, GroundTruth, Inc.
- Peter McGuinness, Chief Marketing & Brand Officer, Chobani
- Rebecca Messina, CMO, Beam Suntory
- Tony Rogers, CMO, Walmart
- Wanda Young, SVP, Marketing and Consumer Engagement, ESPN
Di Como will continue to drive against the MMA’s marketer-led agenda in the areas of attribution (MATT – Marketing Attribution Think Tank + SMoX MTA research consortium), organization design (MOSTT – Marketing Organization Structure Think Tank), mobile cognition neuroscience (to understand the brain’s reaction to advertising on different platforms), customer centricity (designed to help brands achieve true customer centric marketing), brand safety (SAVE – how to become a brand safe marketer), creative and business impact (Smarties and Business Impact Index) and so much more.
“I am excited to assume the role as chair to help the MMA drive against and solve some of the most significant impediments to marketer growth,” said Luis Di Como, EVP, Global Media, Unilever. “Through the mix of members and programs, the MMA is uniquely positioned to help marketers, like Unilever, leverage this once in an era transformation that mobile brings for immediate business growth while also building the foundation needed for future success and innovation breakthroughs. I look forward to working with the board members and the MMA staff to deliver real value to all the members and create the next generation trade group.”
Elected by the MMA’s North America membership, new board members will serve a two-year term beginning immediately. The new board members and re-elected board members include:
New North America Board Members:
- Brent Bouldin, VP, Marketing, Choice Hotels
- Ophelia Ceradini, VP of Digital Innovation & Technology, Estee Lauder
- Geoff Cottrill, Head of Marketing, The Coca-Cola Company
- Bridget Davies, VP of Advertising & Marketing Activation, eBay Inc.
- Gregg Dorazio, Director of Brand Marketing & Planning, Giant Food
- Stephen Frieder, President, Adobe Systems Incorporated
- Kevin Frisch, Sr. Director of Performance Marketing, Uber
- Jeni Gardner, Sr. Director of Investment & Partnership, Unilever
- Jeff Glueck, CEO, Foursquare
- Jed Hartman, CRO, The Washington Post Company
- Gail Horwood, SVP, Integrated Marketing, Kellogg Company
- Dave Madden, SVP Global Brand Partnerships, Electronic Arts Inc.
- Jeremy Steinberg, CRO, Yieldmo, Inc.
- Tony Weisman, CMO, Dunkin' Brands
Renewed North America Board Members:
- Lou Paskalis, SVP; Enterprise Media Executive, Bank of America (Chair)
- Kristi Argyilan, SVP, Marketing, Target Corp.
- Brad Feinberg, VP of Media and Consumer Engagement, Media & Digital, MillerCoors Co.
- Elizabeth Herbst-Brady, Head of Global Strategic Partnerships, Snap Inc.
- Jon Suarez-Davis, Chief Strategy Officer, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Dave Sanabria, Connected Consumer Experiences, Ford Motor Company
Current North America Board Members whose terms were not up for re-election:
- Jay Altschuler, VP, Media & Partnerships, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- Ran Ben-Yair, CEO & Co-Founder, Ubimo Ltd.
- Şekip Can Gökalp, CEO & Co-Founder, AdColony Inc.
- Kristen D'Arcy, VP of Marketing, American Eagle Outfitters Inc.
- Norman DeGreve, CMO, CVS Health Corporation
- Michael Donnelly, SVP, Digital Experiences Group, Operations & Technology, Mastercard Inc.
- Eric Hadley, CMO, GroundTruth, Inc.
- James Kreckler, SVP Digital Media, NBCUniversal
- Jean-Philippe (JP) Maheu, VP, Twitter Client Solutions, Americas, Twitter, Inc.
- Duncan McCall, CEO & Co-Founder, PlaceIQ, Inc.
- Maggie Mesa, VP of Business Development - Mobile, OpenX Technologies, Inc.
- Michael Perlman, CRO, Jumpshot
- Jack Philbin, Co-Founder & CEO, Vibes
- Todd Pollak, Managing Director, US Product Specialist Team, Google
- Mike Romoff, Head of Global Agency and Channel Sales, LinkedIn
- Carrie Seifer, CRO, IBM Watson
- Amit Shah, CMO, 1-800-Flowers.com, Inc.
- Marissa Tarleton, CMO, RetailMeNot, Inc.
- Suzie Reider, Managing Director, Waze, Inc.
- Mark Wright, VP Media Services & Sponsorships, AT&T, Inc.
- Tatyana Zlotsky, VP, Digital Acquisitions, American Express OPEN
“I can honestly say that this is the most impressive and engaged combination of marketing professionals I’ve ever seen assembled on a trade group board,” said Lou Paskalis, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Customer Engagement and Investment Executive Bank of America. “No association has more insights on how media and marketing works to help brand organizations realize business impact now while preparing for the imminent future than the MMA. I am excited to work closely with this amazing group of people and the MMA staff.”
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The MMA is the world’s leading global non-profit trade mobile marketing association comprised of more than 800-member companies, from nearly fifty countries around the world. Our members hail from every faction of the mobile marketing ecosystem, including brand marketers, agencies, mobile technology platforms, media companies, operators and others. The MMA’s mission is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile, driving business growth with closer and stronger consumer engagement. Anchoring the MMA’s mission are four core pillars; to cultivate inspiration by driving innovation for the Chief Marketing Officer; to build the mobile marketing capabilities for marketing organizations through fostering know-how and confidence; to champion the effectiveness and impact of mobile through research providing tangible ROI measurement; and to advocate for mobile marketers. Additionally, MMA industry-wide committees work collaboratively to develop and advocate global best practices and lead standards development.
Members include: 1-800-Flowers.com, AdColony, Allstate, Ally Financial, American Express, AT&T, Bank Of America, Campbell’s, JPMorgan Chase, Chobani, Choice Hotels, Citi, Clear Channel Outdoor, Colgate-Palmolive, Dunkin’ Brands, eBay, E*TRADE, Electronic Arts, ESPN, Facebook, Ford, Foursquare, Google, GroundTruth, , Hilton Worldwide, IBM Watson, LinkedIn, Marriott International, Match Group, Mastercard, McDonald’s, Microsoft, MillerCoors, OpenMarket, Pandora, Pfizer, Pinterest, PlaceIQ, Procter & Gamble, R/GA, RetailMeNot, Salesforce, Samsung, Snap Inc., Spotify, SUBWAY, Target Inc., The Coca-Cola Company, , T-Mobile, TUNE, Turner Broadcasting, Twitter, Uber, Ubimo, Unilever, Vibes, Walmart, Zurich and many more. The MMA’s global headquarters are located in New York with regional operations Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) and Latin America (LATAM). For more information about the MMA please visit http://www.mmaglobal.com.
Chief Strategy Officer