INDIANAPOLIS (PRWEB) July 28, 2016 -- While help desks have long been the backbone for tech-enabled business, complex mobile ecosystems with smartphones, tablets and connected devices can cause help desks to see more action than ever before in assisting employees with mobile support. MOBI, an award-winning Managed Mobility Services (MMS) provider, studied findings from its own help desk – evaluating almost 730,000 complaints in 37 categories – to better understand the challenges people face when using mobile devices.
“The amount of time it takes to fix what many think to be simple requests is shocking, and makes a case for companies to regularly vet their mobile processes and policies to better ensure efficiencies,” said Nanci Churchill, Chief Operations Officer for MOBI. “Resources like cloud-based software, robust help desk support and proper internal communications can help save time so employees can focus on what they’re paid to do.”
Based on the company’s findings, some of the top asks the help desks receives includes:
1. Email set-up: Setting up email sits at the top of the list of headaches coming in to the help desk, representing 12 percent of all help desk requests.
2. Activating mobile devices: 10 percent of requests coming into helps desks are simply to get the devices themselves activated - it’s not always as simple as pressing the ‘power on’ button.
3. Questions on company policies: Finding any Pokémon at work? Employees have a lot of questions when it comes to internal company process for using devices for work and play, and about the rules of the carriers themselves. 5.9 percent of requests (more than double the average request percentage) that come to the help desk are questions about policies for mobile devices.
4. App support on work devices: Five percent of inbound requests to the help desk have to do with app issues.
5. Getting locked out of devices: We’ve all been there, thinking the name of our first pet or favorite teacher is something we’d never forget. But sometimes we do. MOBI’s data shows that five percent of help desk requests are related to forgotten passwords and passcodes.
For more background on the data and findings, along with tips to avoid time-sucks like these in the future, check out MOBI’s blog: http://bit.ly/2aeo4Iu.
MOBI provides software and services to help companies manage mobility. MOBI’s cloud-based software centralizes the management of mobile devices by integrating with wireless carriers, MDM’s, corporate IT systems, and more. MOBI’s services help organizations plan for, save on, deploy, support, and decommission all mobile devices. As a result, MOBI’s customers achieve enhanced control, greater visibility, reduced costs, and increased efficiencies when managing mobile devices.
Bridget Supplitt, Finn Partners, +1 (312) 802-9798, [email protected]