Participating homes on the 2019 Austin Modern Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 10AM – 5PM on Saturday, February 23, 2019. This year’s tour also features a very special Mid-Century Block Party at Starlight Village in Leander.
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) January 30, 2019
Some tour-goers search for inspiration for their next project; others hope to find an architect or home builder to work with; whatever the reasons may be, all tour-goers come to see a curated selection of Austin homes that embody the unique modern architecture and design aesthetic of central Texas.
Originally concepted by Krisstina Wise of Goodlife Luxury, and developed and produced by the Modern Architecture + Design Society (MA+DS), the Austin Modern Home Tour is entering its second decade of modern architecture events. The annual celebration gives local architects, designers, home builders, and developers the unique opportunity to showcase their skill and talent to the community in which they work. In turn, the self-guided tour gives the community a rare chance to explore some of Austin’s amazing modern homes inside and out, while asking questions and engaging the minds behind the design.
New for 2019 is the Mid-Century Modern Block Party presented and sponsored by Starlight Village. The party starts at 3PM on tour day and features several additional homes to explore, plus food and drink. Participating sponsors include Matt Fajkus Architecture with Gingerwood Design, ESS Design+Build, and Thurman Homes.
The tour’s non-profit beneficiary and volunteer partner for the second year is Texas State University’s Interior Design Program. Students will help staff the event in return for a donation to the program and the opportunity to use the tour as a fundraising vehicle, while also contributing volunteer hours and making connections in their field.
Participants and neighborhoods featured on the 2019 Austin Modern Home Tour include:
- A modern home in the Bluffington area of Rollingwood, designed by Matt Fajkus Architecture, that overlooks a creek and makes great use of indoor-outdoor transitions. Interior designs by Gingerwood Design.
- A modern home designed by ESS Design+Build to connect a mother and son together, located in East Cesar Chavez.
- A brand-new modern home built by Thurman Homes, located in an East Austin infill, that features 25-foot high ceilings and solar power.
- A brand-new custom, modern ADU called uCRANE in North Loop that boasts accessibility and smart home automation, designed by Newcastle Homes
- A new renovation in by Barley|Pfeiffer Architecture of a 1960s Tarrytown Ranch Home into something bright, modern and higher performing.
- The modern Casa Marrakesh, located in East Austin, designed by Bercy Chen Studio, that features a walled courtyard with elongated pool.
- A contemporary home with mid-century modern flair located in the Wild Basin area of Westlake, designed by Cornerstone Architects, that makes great use of indoor and outdoor spaces.
- A brand-new home by Shelter Home Building in the Zilker neighborhood that provides a family with a healthy interior environment.
- A second Zilker-neighborhood home, originally built in the late 1950s and renovated in 2017 by MJ Neal Architect, that features an award-winning design which turns the playroom into an open porch.
- A new modern home, dubbed “Sky Home,” designed and built by Joseph Design Build, sandwiched between the previous two homes in the Zilker Neighborhood, that explores the spatial relationship of public and private space.
- A brand-new custom home built by Verde Builders Custom Homes® and designed by Chase Dane located in East Austin.
- A brand-new Northwest Hills estate-quality modern home with signature interior designs by Wheelhouse Design that features a private owner’s suite.
Participating homes on the 2019 Austin Modern Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 10AM – 5PM on Saturday, February 23, 2019. This year’s tour also features a very special Mid-Century Block Party at Starlight Village in Leander. This exciting and unique post-event soiree includes access to multiple additional mid-century inspired homes, plus light food and drink in a casual, interactive atmosphere beginning at 3PM and running until early evening. Ticket pricing starts at $40; VIP tickets are available for access to extra events. Ages 10 & Up are invited to attend.
Further details on participants and tickets can be found at http://www.modernhometouraustin.com.
IG + Twitter: @WeLoveModern #AustinModernHomeTour
About the Austin Modern Home Tour: Founded by Krisstina Wise of GoodLife Luxury, the Austin Modern Home Tour highlights and promotes the collaborative exchange between Real Estate Professionals, Architects and Developers and invites Austinites to join the Modern Movement. With co-owner and production partner James Leasure and his Modern Architecture + Design Society (MA+DS), the Austin Modern Home Tour has grown to showcase spectacular examples of modern design, construction and decor throughout Austin’s premier neighborhoods. With over 9,000 visitors attending the annual tours to-date, the Austin Modern Home Tour offers something for everyone.
About the Modern Architecture + Design Society: Based in Austin, Texas, the Modern Architecture + Design Society was founded was founded by James Leasure in 2010 as Modern Home Tours, to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative self-guided home tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the MA+DS Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!