“The tech and digital marketing job markets will continue to show great promise in 2020 across many different skill sets," said Stephanie Wernick Barker, President of Mondo.
PHILADELPHIA (PRWEB) January 23, 2020
Mondo, an Addison Group company and leading national staffing agency specializing in high-end IT, tech, digital marketing, and creative talent, today announced the upcoming release of its 2020 Tech, Digital Marketing, & Creative Salary Guide. The guide, which contains insights on the latest tech, digital marketing, and creative hiring trends and salary data, can be pre-ordered now and will be available for download on Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
The report reflects a strong market in both the tech and digital marketing industries, with 15 tech jobs pulling in $200,000 salaries or more, and 13 digital marketing roles generating salaries of $175,000 or more. Among both industries, the top paying job reportedly belongs to the executive suite, with Chief Information Security Officer ($175,000-$300,000) and Chief Marketing Officer ($165,000-$250,000) collecting the top salaries, respectively.
The data surrounding tech jobs shows that skills for AI and machine learning, BI and data, as well as DevOps and cloud are highly sought after, with each category offering multiple salaries of $200,000 or more. The highest paying jobs in tech with salaries of $200,000 or more include:
- Chief Information Security Officer ($175,000-$300,000)
- CTO/CIO ($175,000-$290,000)
- AI Developer ($120,000-$250,000)
- Data Architect ($145,000-$210,000)
- Cloud Architect ($150,000-$200,000)
- DevSecOps Architect ($160,000-$200,000)
- DevSecOps Engineer ($160,000-$200,000)
- Network Architect ($150,000-$200,000)
- Salesforce Solutions Architect ($145,000-$210,000)
- IoT Solutions Architect ($140,000-$210,000)
- Python Engineer ($120,000-$200,000)
- SAP Developer/ABAP ($120,000-$200,000)
- Cybersecurity Engineer ($120,000-$200,000)
- Big Data Engineer ($110,000-$200,000)
- Data Scientist ($110,000-$200,000)
The highest digital marketing salary figures favor the executive level, with over 61% of jobs that have salaries of $175,000 or more listed at director level or above. However, technical roles within demand gen, marketing automation and eCommerce also offer highly-paid positions such as Commerce Cloud Developer ($125,000-$235,000) and Marketing Automation Architect ($130,000-$200,000). The top highest-paid jobs in the digital marketing field are:
- CMO ($165,000-$250,000)
- Chief Growth Officer ($165,000-$200,000)
- VP, MarTech Solutions ($135,000-$200,000)
- VP, Digital Marketing ($135,000-$200,000)
- Marketing Automation Architect ($130,000-$200,000)
- Commerce Cloud Developer ($125,000-$235,000)
- Director UX/UI ($125,000-$175,000)
- VP, eCommerce ($125,000-$180,000)
- Director, Interactive ($110,000-$175,000)
- Director, Web Analytics ($110,000-$175,000)
- Information Architect ($110,000-$175,000)
- Android Developer ($100,000-$185,000)
- UX/UI Developer ($90,000-$175,000)
“The tech and digital marketing job markets will continue to show great promise in 2020 across many different skill sets. We are excited to continue placing candidates across all departments, especially in high demand areas like AI and machine learning, BI and data, as well as DevOps and cloud work in tech,” said Stephanie Wernick Barker, President of Mondo. “On the digital marketing side, we see a lot of great placement opportunities for analytics and automation candidates as we’ve seen employers shift their resources to place a greater emphasis on these types of positions.”
The Mondo Salary Guide also contains a salary key based on four factors to identifying where salary offers should fall within the given ranges of various roles in tech, digital marketing and creative. These four factors include:
- Geo-specificity: Supply and demand set the rate for the market and the data shows that location matters, with the highest salaries being found in New York City and San Francisco.
- Salaries are situational: Rates for all positions fluctuate based on business size, scope of the role, industry and whether the position is contract-based or full-time.
- New salary history laws affect rates: With many states and cities introducing laws that disallow the use of a job applicant’s salary history as a baseline for job offers, competitive rates are expected.
- In-demand roles equal higher salaries: Expect a fluctuating premium for in-demand or emerging roles within the market.
Pre-order the Mondo 2020 Tech, Digital Marketing, and Creative Salary Guide here.
As a leading national staffing agency specializing exclusively in high-end, niche IT, Tech, Digital Marketing, and Creative talent, Mondo provides the talent companies need to scale, grow, and innovate. Mondo helps solve the most challenging talent gaps at midsize to enterprise-level companies, along with recently VC-funded startups facing mass hiring challenges and organizations facing urgent hiring needs. With thousands of placements across a variety of industries and 10 offices nationwide, Mondo has access to the latest market insights, hiring trends, and salary updates, made evident by their annual award-winning Salary Guide reports. Mondo was also named to Forbes’ Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2017 and 2018, a list compiled through Forbes’ independent search in collaboration with analytics firm Statista.