MOUNDS VIEW, Minn., Dec. 16, 2020 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Multi-Tech Systems, Inc., a leading global supplier of Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) communication devices and services, today announced the availability of MultiTech QuickStart AWS IoT Core for LoRaWAN®. AWS IoT Core is a managed cloud service that lets connected devices easily and securely interact with cloud applications and other devices. The new QuickStart AWS IoT Core for LoRaWAN is an all-in-one kit that provides everything users need to rapidly get LoRaWAN sensor applications up and running on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
"Reducing the complexity of configuration was a priority, so we worked closely with AWS to make it happen," said Stefan Lindvall, Chief Executive Officer, MultiTech. "The result of our close collaboration is a new QuickStart kit that is not only easy to deploy but capable of supporting hundreds of certified LoRaWAN sensors and actuators to sustain the organizations IoT business case."
"We see tremendous opportunities in utilizing LoRaWAN technology in the residential management industry, specifically for monitoring temperature control," said Tray Johnson, Quext VP of Innovation. "Currently we plan to manage thermostats for environmental controls access for our various properties. We are actively using MultiTech's Conduit® and AWS IoT Core for LoRaWAN® in our field trials."
"MultiTech's solution helps customers reduce the complexity and cost of LoRaWAN deployments while allowing them to easily and securely onboard LoRaWAN devices to Amazon Web Services," said Michael MacKenzie, General Manager of AWS IoT Connectivity and Control Services, Amazon Web Services, Inc. "This is a significant benefit for our customers working with LPWAN technologies and we're delighted to have MultiTech's offer qualified for AWS IoT Core for LoRaWAN."
MultiTech QuickStart is designed to connect to AWS IoT Core for LoRaWAN using Semtech's BasicStation packet forwarding. BasicStation is Semtech's new state-of-the-art gateway packet-forwarder based on WebSockets.
- Conduit® AP Access Point gateway with MultiTech mPower™ Edge Intelligence embedded software version 5.3
- Out-of-the-box connectivity to AWS IoT Core for LoRaWAN
- All components required for connectivity from production-ready certified sensors to the "Hello World" application to reduce confusion and simplify deployment of your IoT business case
- Remotely configure and optimize the gateway through the MultiTech DeviceHQ® IoT Application Store and Device Management platform
FEATURES & CONTENTS
- Temperature and humidity sensor with battery
- 868 and 915 MHz LoRaWAN channel plans for Europe and North America
- Ethernet gateway with external antenna and AC power adaptor
- Integration with AWS IoT Core for LoRaWAN
MultiTech designs, develops and manufactures components, devices and end-to-end solutions for the industrial and commercial Internet of Things. Offerings include first-to-market innovations in low power, wireless access and broadband, low-latency communication technologies, machine protocols, integrated sensors and mobile applications which enable monitoring and management of smart assets, durables and industrial consumables.
MultiTech Press Contact: Jennifer Costello: Tel: 781-715-4870, Email: [email protected]
Jennifer Costello, MultiTech, 7817154870, [email protected]