"Alejandro is truly someone who has given their life and career to champion the voice of Latinos. He is the person that will stand up and share incredible data and ask ‘What about Latinos’ no matter where he is," said 2020 NAHREP President Sara Rodriguez.
SAN DIEGO (PRWEB) July 01, 2020
The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP) recognized Research Director Alejandro Becerra for a decade of advocacy and service as he retired June 30th.
Becerra began working with NAHREP at the inception of the organization’s annual State of Hispanic Homeownership Report, a key informational resource for policymakers and industry stakeholders. Becerra was a primary force in cementing NAHREP’s reputation as a source of information as he built a legacy of dedicated research and skillful analysis.
- NAHREP 2020 President Sara Rodriguez: Alejandro is truly someone who has given their life and career to champion the voice of Latinos. He is the person that will stand up and share incredible data and ask ‘What about Latinos’ no matter where he is.
- NAHREP Co-Founder & CEO Gary Acosta: Alejandro has been nothing short of a blessing and has been instrumental in making NAHREP what it is today. We are eternally grateful and his presence will be felt for many years.
- Former HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros: For several decades Alejandro Becerra has been the most accurate and comprehensive source of information concerning Latinos and housing. He has collected and interpreted data concerning homeownership, affordability, housing conditions, rental patterns, and future trends. In short, decision-makers and advocates across the nation know that the first call they need to make to understand the housing needs of Latinos is Alejandro Becerra of NAHREP. He will be missed.
- Former Federal Housing Commissioner for President Obama and former CEO of the Mortgage Bankers Association David Stevens: When serving in government or the housing industry inside the beltway of Washington DC, Alejandro has been a fixture in the front row of almost every event. A dedicated and staunch advocate for Latino housing issues, Alejandro brought voice to the most critical concerns to top policy leaders in Washington. His work on the annual State of Hispanic Homeownership report was and is highly regarded and has influenced so many in key positions. I will miss Alejandro’s staunch integrity in his vigilant pursuit of advancing the interests of NAHREP and the Latino housing priorities.
- Chief Economist at Moody's Analytics Mark Zandi: There is no more careful researcher than Alejandro, whose insight has informed our understanding of Hispanic homeownership, and no more caring person, whose passion has empowered all that know him.
- Senior Fellow at Consumer Federation of America Barry Zigas: Alejandro is a rare example of someone dedicated to public service, in its broadest and best meaning. Having worked with him over many years, I can think of no one else who has helped broaden our understanding of the challenges and opportunities in homeownership facing the Hispanic community. His research and advocacy have been invaluable. They have helped elevate the public discussion of Hispanic housing and homeownership needs in a singular and impactful way. His richly deserved retirement will leave big shoes to fill.
In the near term, Becerra will continue to provide advice to NAHREP’s research team as it produces the annual State of Hispanic Homeownership Report, which has grown massively since its beginning. In farewell, NAHREP thanks Alejandro Becerra for his contributions to growing sustainable Hispanic homeownership.
The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals® (NAHREP®), a nonprofit 501(c)6 trade association, is dedicated to advancing sustainable homeownership for the Hispanic community in America. NAHREP has over 40,000 real estate professional members and 100 local chapters nationwide.