NCOPE empowers career professionals with the tools and resources they need to give their clients a competitive edge in the job market using the powerful LinkedIn platform.
FOREST HILL, Md. (PRWEB) November 28, 2018
The National Resume Writers’ Association has developed a new certification program to help professional resume writers unleash the power of LinkedIn for their job-seeking clients.
Every day more professionals are securing jobs via LinkedIn, and social recruiting and Artificial Intelligence that matches profiles to recruiters is on the rise. In 2018, 94% of recruiters said they use LinkedIn to vet candidates.
As the only national nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting, training, and developing resume writers and career professionals, the NRWA has launched the Nationally Certified Online Profile Expert (NCOPE) certification program, designed to help participants boost career success for their clients.
“Our goal is to empower career professionals with the tools and resources they need to give their clients a competitive edge in the job market using the powerful LinkedIn platform,” said NRWA President Mary Jo King. “This groundbreaking certification program reflects the collaboration of industry-leading experts and the NRWA’s ongoing commitment to offering programs and services that benefit our members, other career professionals, and the job-seeking public.”
The NCOPE certification consists of 5 weekly 90-minute webinars with a live instructor:
Session One > LinkedIn Intro: Creating a Powerful & Targeted Profile, Part I
Session Two > Creating a Powerful & Targeted Profile, Part II
Session Three > Best Profile Settings & How LinkedIn Recruiter Works
Session Four > LinkedIn Job Search Techniques & Time Savers
Session Five > Building a Relevant Network & How to Use it Strategically
The sessions will be recorded and remain active for 30 days following the conclusion of the certification program. Upon satisfactory completion of the multiple-choice certification exam, participants will receive one continuing education credit and an NCOPE Certification logo for display on their website and other personal business marketing collateral.
The program is designed to provide participants with the following:
1. The ability to craft branded, engaging, conversational, and value-based LinkedIn profiles that get found and land clients more interviews, as well as an awareness that a great LinkedIn profile is born from a great resume.
2. An understanding of the role of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, and the role LinkedIn plays in today’s job hunt, career marketing, and social recruiting.
3. Intel on the ins and outs of LinkedIn Recruiter – the platform used by recruiters to find and vet talent – to help them craft profiles that perform in a crowded and competitive space.
4. The confidence to add LinkedIn coaching to their service offerings.
5. The strategy behind finding, building and nurturing a large, centric network to boost their client’s networking power.
6. Best practices for leveraging LinkedIn’s network power and career-interest settings to find and apply to LinkedIn job postings.
7. The inside scoop on the best LinkedIn account types and guidance on customizing Account, Privacy, Ads and Communication settings to fit their client’s needs.
The next program starts soon. The sessions will be held on Thursdays as follows:
> December 6, 2018 – 12:30 p.m.-2p.m. ET
> December 13, 2018 – 12:30 p.m.-2p.m. ET
> December 20, 2018 – 12:30 p.m.-2p.m. ET
> January 3, 2019 – 12:30 p.m.-2p.m. ET
> January 10, 2019 – 12:30 p.m.-2p.m. ET
Pricing for the program is $595 for NRWA members, $695 for nonmembers, and includes all handouts, homework, and a multiple-choice certification quiz.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Tom Powner resigned from a 25-year career in business development, operations, and sales leadership to create his business, Career Thinker Inc. Motivated by years of viewing thousands of poorly crafted resumes and LinkedIn profiles and interviewing more than 1,000 unprepared applicants, Powner provides career services, coaching, technology, inspiration, and confidence to motivate people to take action and advance their careers.
Now a member of the NRWA Board, Powner is a LinkedIn power user who has presented dozens of educational workshops to job seekers and to his peers at NRWA conferences.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL RESUME WRITERS’ ASSOCIATION
The National Resume Writers’ Association (NRWA) is the only nonprofit, member-driven resume writers’ organization in the world. The mission of the NRWA is to increase the visibility of the industry, encourage ethical practices, promote excellence, and raise industry standards through peer marketing and training. The NRWA is led by a board comprised of volunteers elected by the members. To learn more about the NRWA, visit: http://www.thenrwa.com.