SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (PRWEB) May 08, 2019
NCPDP announced today highlights from its 2019 Annual Technology & Business Conference, themed Dare to Disrupt.
The Opening Keynote Panel composed of executive leaders representing NACDS, NCPA and AACP examined “Industry Disruptors.” Moderating the panel was Joel White, Founder and President of Horizon Government Affairs, NCPDP’s government and public affairs consultant. The panelists shared their unique perspectives on transformative disruption and innovation in business, technology and policy that hold promise for the future of pharmacy and that affect the broad membership across pharmacy industry associations.
Dave deBronkart, aka “e-Patient Dave,” a cancer survivor and well-respected advocate for patient engagement, delivered Tuesday’s luncheon keynote. Featured speaker, Doug Long, Vice President, Industry Relations, IQVIA™, gave his highly anticipated IQVIA™ Market Trends Report on Wednesday morning. Jim Carroll, global futurist and trends and innovation expert, presented Wednesday’s keynote address during NCPDP’s Passing of the Gavel Luncheon.
Other conference highlights include:
- NCPDP 2019-2020 Board of Trustees’ newly elected members took office: Michele Vilaret Davidson, R.Ph., NSC, Senior Manager, Pharmacy Technical Standards, Development & Policy, Walgreen Co.; Mark Gingrich, M.S., Chief Information Officer, Surescripts; and Gregory (Greg) S. Kaupp, J.D., MPA, MLT, Partner, Kaupp Advisors.
- NCPDP named Laurie Littlecreek, Vice President, Supply Chain Business Product Owner, Express Scripts, as recipient of its prestigious TIME (The Individual Member Excellence) Award.
- Thomas R. Bizzaro R.Ph., VP, Health Policy & Industry Relations, FDB (First Databank, Inc.) was presented the Benjamin D. Ward Distinguished Member Award.
- Sarah Daniel, PMP, Sr. Iteration Manager, Magellan Rx Management received the Rising Star Award.
- NCPDP’s 2019 Champion Award was presented to Shelly Winston, MBA, Health Insurance Specialist, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS); and Doug Long, Vice President, Industry Relations, IQVIA™.
- The NCPDP Foundation launched the 1977 Society as its inaugural donor program to support its annual fund campaign.
In her “State of the Association Report” on Tuesday, NCPDP President & CEO, Lee Ann Stember, provided an update on NCPDP’s Strategic Initiatives as well as a look at what’s ahead for the organization, reinforcing NCPDP’s commitment to leading the industry in healthcare standards and solutions for the common good.
NCPDP’s 2020 Annual Technology & Business Conference will be held May 4-6, 2020, at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona
Founded in 1977, NCPDP is a not-for-profit, ANSI-accredited, Standards Development Organization with more than 1,600 members representing virtually every sector of the pharmacy services industry. Our diverse membership provides leadership and healthcare business solutions through education and standards, created using the consensus building process. NCPDP has been named in federal legislation, including HIPAA, MMA, and HITECH. NCPDP members have created standards such as the Telecommunication Standard and Batch Standard, the SCRIPT Standard for ePrescribing, the Manufacturers Rebate Standard and more to improve communication within the pharmacy industry. Our data products include dataQ®, a robust database of information on more than 80,000 pharmacies, resQ™, an industry pharmacy credentialing resource, and HCIdea®, an innovative prescriber database that provides continually updated information on more than 2.5 million prescribers. NCPDP's RxReconn® is a legislative tracking product for real-time monitoring of pharmacy-related state and national legislative and regulatory activity. For more information about NCPDP Standards, Data Services, Products, Educational Programs and Work Group meetings, go online at http://www.ncpdp.org or call 480.477.1000.