The goal of the symposium is to bring community leaders together to educate, share ideas and provide tools to combat the challenges faced by our Service members, their Families & Veterans, said Greg Marino, AOS State Community Support Coodinator
Omaha, Nebraska (PRWEB) March 16, 2017
On April 17, a group of key organizations, including Army OneSource, will host a community provider symposium with experts from around the state. For those who work in the critical areas of behavioral health, finance, employment, legal and faith, it’s an opportunity to gain an understanding of the unique needs of our Military population, explore reintegration challenges and learn about resources available to support those who serve or have served our nation. Keynote speaker, Senator John McCollister will kick off the event at the Fraternal Order of Eagles Lodge at 8:30 a.m. Breakout sessions will start shortly after and continue until 4:00 p.m. at both the Rotert Memorial Art Gallery and the Eagles Lodge. The event is free and open to the public.
“The goal of the symposium is to bring community leaders together to educate, share ideas and provide tools to combat the challenges faced by our Service members, their Families and Veterans. We have a tremendous day scheduled with four major breakout sessions and presentations from experts across the state,” said Greg Marino, Army OneSource State Community Support Coordinator.
Some of the guest speakers include:
- Brandy Wallar, Clinical Director & Development, New Visions Homeless Services
- Chaplain Phillip Houser, State Chaplain, Nebraska National Guard
- Elizabeth Yearwood, Economic Development Specialist, Small Business Administration
- Jack Hogston, Financial Coach, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Jim Cada, Managing Partner, Cada Cada Hoffman & Jewson
- Salle Stewart, Owner, The 700 Score Company
- Teresa Perez, Regional Manager, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Thomas Erwin, Community Liaison Military and Veteran Affairs, City of Omaha Mayor’s Office
For more information, contact Greg Marino, Army OneSource (AOS) State Community Support Coordinator, at 314-456-3978 or gmarino(at)afsc(dot)com. An agenda and other materials relevant to the symposium are available upon request.
Greg Marino, Army OneSource State Community Support Coordinator, at 314-456-3978 or gmarino(at)afsc(dot)com