..the more we talked to our employees and the community, we realized that sitting on the sidelines to wait for more favorable market conditions seemed irresponsible. Health and wellness are the cornerstone of our company’s values.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (PRWEB) June 12, 2020
Gumption Glasses, an online premiere lifestyle brand providing stylish direct-to-consumer prescription eyewear, announced today that it is launching months early to provide critical optical services to consumers during the Pandemic. The company’s mission is focused on providing high quality yet affordable prescription eyewear for everyone while celebrating the authenticity, courage and uniqueness of each human spirit. All prescription lenses are crafted and shipped from its Louisville, KY manufacturing facilities.
Even with the United States and much of the world emerging from quarantine restrictions while bracing for a second wave of COVID-19 infections, there will still be a gap in providing optical services to customers. This gap widens for those who are part of vulnerable populations, such as mature and older adults, the largest consumers of prescription eyewear and most at-risk for serious illness and death from the new coronavirus. By launching early, Gumption Glasses provides these customers with choice and accessibility during a time when safety, efficiency and reliability are at an all time premium.
“COVID-19 has undoubtedly impacted our business in ways unimagined. In the beginning, we planned on pushing back our launch,” states Steven Baker, Founder and Chief Operating Officer of Gumption Glasses. “Yet the more we talked to our employees and the community, we realized that sitting on the sidelines to wait for more favorable market conditions seemed irresponsible. Health and wellness are the cornerstone of our company’s values. Gumption Glasses will always adapt, continuing our commitment to serving the optical needs of its customers.”
To prepare for an accelerated launch during the Coronavirus pandemic, Gumption Glasses developed several features and initiatives to ensure safety while providing an enhanced online shopping experience:
- Gumption Glasses is the one of the only online retailers which merge digital innovation and human context with its ‘Ask Mary’ feature. Ask Mary is like having your own personal shopper pick a pair that fits your face best
- Virtual Try-On feature makes finding the perfect pair from the safety of your home even easier. Through use of the computer’s webcam, Gumption allows anyone to instantly try on any frame that is offered on the website
- All prescription lenses are crafted and assembled in its Louisville, KY facility. All employees utilize the recommended PPE and the facility is sanitized according to CDC guidelines
- Added convenience and flexibility for those who have not been able to get an updated prescription by allowing customers to use their most recent one
- Expanded customer service hours via email and phone
- Single vision prescription glasses and frames priced as low as $88. Free shipping on all orders
The website features more than 200 frames and more than 10 different prescription lens options. Additionally, the company is offering an additional 15% discount with promo code GetGumption.
Gumption Glasses is the online sister brand of Korrect Optical, a regional optical retailer, and subsidiary of PDS Consultants, Inc., a service-disabled veteran-owned small business, and one of the industry’s leading optical consultancies. PDS owns and operates the second largest independent optical laboratory in the United States. Since its founding more than 30 years ago, the company has produced more than 20 million prescription lenses.
John Loosen, President of PDS Consultants adds, “Launching Gumption Glasses is a continuation of our mission to celebrate and support every American in every walk of life. The pandemic is just another opportunity for the PDS family to step up and serve.”
Gumption Glasses launches June 12, 2020. To explore frames, please visit http://www.gumptionglasses.com