Every school year, we add enhanced features and new resources to our online social studies and science programs to ensure that teachers have access to the most engaging and relevant resources for instruction.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (PRWEB) August 27, 2020
While it may be unlike anything we’ve ever experienced before, back-to-school 2020-2021 is happening and TCI, the award-winning online K-12 publishing company created by teachers, for teachers, is offering social studies and science programs with new features specifically for remote learning as well as professional learning resources to help teachers successfully navigate the new school year.
Used by more than 200,000 teachers in 50,000 schools around the country, TCI’s science and social studies programs are based on proven teaching strategies and practices that bring education to life in order to achieve positive classroom results. Available on a digital platform, TCI’s programs allow teachers to deliver interactive lessons from any device–their laptop or tablet.
Right in TCI’s backyard, Mountain View Whisman School District exemplifies the districts around the country that are turning to the company for engaging, online learning programs. After a rigorous process that included the review of eight different programs by a committee of teachers, instructional coaches, administrators, and partners, the district recently adopted TCI’s Bring Science Alive! for its more than 5,000 K-8 students.
“Every school year, we add enhanced features and new resources to our online social studies and science programs to ensure that teachers have access to the most engaging and relevant resources for instruction. With this year’s continually evolving environment, we looked very carefully at what features and resources would most address immediate concerns for teachers, students and schools while also improving instruction in the long-run,” said Marsha Ifurung, director of product experience, TCI.
New features in TCI’s online social studies and science programs for the 2020-2021 school year include:
- Blended Learning Support: New blended learning support resources provide teachers with best practices and tips for adapting each of the TCI lesson strategies for instruction whether students are in class, distance learning or any combination of models.
- Video Lessons (K-5): Teachers can stay connected with their students and drive student engagement with these new bite-sized video lessons.
- Teacher Notifications: Teachers and students can stay on top of all assignments and grading with the help of this new notifications and messaging feature.
- Signing in as a Student: With TCI’s latest student management feature, teachers can see what individual students see to help with troubleshooting and modeling.
- Sharing Lesson Slides: With this feature, teachers can share complete lesson guides, or a customized version of the lesson guides with all their students.
- Grading Improvements: Teachers can see what needs grading and where students are at-a-glance. They quickly see student responses with minimal scrolling.
Over the summer, TCI hosted a two-day Blended Learning Virtual Summit, attended by more than 1,600 educators from around the country. Participants told TCI that the content from the two-day summit was exactly what they needed to support the transition from face-to-face to distance learning and to continue to pivot as school calendars and instructional models change this school year. All of the presentations from this TCI Summit are available on YouTube. In addition, TCI’s new Distance Learning Landing Page showcases its programs’ distance and blended learning capabilities as well as provide teachers with resources to support remote learning.
TCI is an award-winning online K-12 publishing company created by teachers, for teachers. For more than 30 years, the company has partnered with the education community to fundamentally change classroom instruction. TCI’s K-12 programs are based on proven teaching strategies and practices that bring learning alive and achieve consistent, positive classroom results. TCI believes that the best education marries great content, meaningful technology and interactive classroom experiences. More than 4.5 million students in 5,000 school districts around the country achieve and succeed with TCI. For more information, visit http://www.teachtci.com.