The better-designed something is, the more we value it and are motivated to work with it. Though great design can be subjective to a degree, we’ve made sure that the tips in the guide draw on tried and tested viewpoints.
BRIGHTON, England (PRWEB) August 17, 2020
Gomo Learning, the cloud-based, multi-device eLearning authoring, delivery, and analytics platform, has published a new online guide focused on visual design tips and tricks. Aimed at anyone who wants to squeeze a little extra engagement out of their digital course content, the easy-to-digest guide collects a host of valuable design ideas drawn from the Gomo team and designers at sister companies in the Learning Technologies Group.
With the world trending towards an increase in remote working opportunities—accelerated in recent months due to pandemic-related lockdowns—eLearning visuals can easily be overlooked when producing at scale and speed
“Great visual design is a lot like an engaging teacher,” explains Gomo Customer Success Manager Simon Waldram, noting that eLearning is currently one of many ways in which organizations are having to replace traditional face-to-face classroom learning. “The better-designed something is, the more we value it and are motivated to work with it. Though great design can be subjective to a degree, we’ve made sure that the tips in the guide draw on tried and tested viewpoints.”
Gomo’s extensive client experience informs many of the points in the guide. This is particularly true in the chapter on style templates, with several great examples from Gomo’s own case study portfolio shown throughout the guide. The guide additionally deals with design pitfalls, image selection, and technical considerations.
Topics explored in the guide include:
- Bad visual design: Because it’s easier to avoid making mistakes when you know what they look like, the guide explains design work that falls short—and how you can fix it.
- Learning objectives and target audiences: Circling back to the very beginning of your design process, the guide explains how these two elements underpin everything.
- Style templates: Why a branded template is by far the best place to start when building a unified theme for your courses—and how to get it right.
- Image choices: Beyond just choosing whatever ‘looks good’, the guide digs into the importance of consistency, hierarchy, and simplicity in your selections.
- Technical considerations: Including a handy table explaining everything you need to know about image file types to get the best visual results.
About Gomo Learning
The Gomo learning suite provides multi-award-winning products that allow you to create, deliver, update, and track beautiful multi-device eLearning. With Gomo Authoring, you can create truly responsive and adaptive HTML5 content that looks perfect on all devices, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones. With Gomo Delivery and Analytics, you can get content into the hands of learners instantly via websites, direct link, the Gomo LMS wrapper, social media, and more—all with full xAPI analytics.
With an ever-growing client base including the BBC, British Airways, BT, Centrica, General Electric, HSBC, L’Oréal, Royal Mail Group, Shell, Sony, Squarespace, TDK, Vodafone, Weetabix, Whatsapp, the World Health Organization and many more, Gomo is quickly becoming the established choice for global organizations seeking collaborative, future-proof and responsive HTML5 multi-device eLearning.
Gomo is part of Learning Technologies Group plc’s award-winning group of specialist learning technology businesses.
For more, visit gomolearning.com.