PORTLAND, Ore. (PRWEB) August 20, 2018
PacStar, a leading developer and supplier of advanced communications solutions for DoD, civilian agencies and the commercial sector, today launched its PacStar 444 Small GigE Switch Module, an addition to its PacStar 400-Series that enables easy and secure connection of multiple devices to mission-critical tactical, ground-vehicle and aircraft-mounted communications networks deployed in the field.
Based on Cisco’s new Embedded Services Switch (ESS) 3300, PacStar 444 provides high-density network access at gigabit speeds for critical voice, data and video connectivity in a compact, rugged form-factor. PacStar 444 provides 10x the performance compared to prior Cisco embedded solutions and enables networking for a wide variety of edge-based C4ISR, cybersecurity, sensor, IoT, computing and storage applications.
Designed from the ground up to provide flexible deployment, configuration and setup options, PacStar 444 is ideal for use in environments requiring specialized form-factor, size, weight, power, port-density, port-media and ruggedized communications needs. Key features include:
- Industry-leading size, weight and power (SWaP) providing customers maximum flexibility when integrating PacStar 400-Series Solutions into environments where mobility and deployment speeds are critical
- Design that meets MIL-STD 810G, MIL-STD-461F and MIL-STD-704D standards for environmental, EMI and power (testing by independent labs pending)
- Integrated smart power supply that runs on wide range DC and worldwide AC input
- Integrated battery backup system that is dependable in intermittent power environments and includes integrated tactical radio battery recharging
- Patented snap-together design enabling quick expansion with other PacStar 400-Series solutions including small form factor routers, servers, storage and RoIP gateways
- Intuitive integrated system management by PacStar IQ-Core® Software, which simplifies system setup, network management and protects from mis-configuration by operators in the field
“PacStar 444 is part of our modular family of small form-factor tactical and deployable communications solutions that enables customers to update and upgrade their systems at the component level, eliminating the need for system level replacement,” said Charlie Kawasaki, chief technical officer of PacStar. “As a result, warfighters can extend the lifetime of their systems, and upgrade performance incrementally – without requiring extensive retraining.”
PacStar’s 400-Series modular communications solutions are offered in a variety of packaging and transport options, including Pelican Case, Mini-Transit Case, Smart Chassis, Desktop Chassis and Rack Mount Systems. The flexible modules, together with the wide range of packaging options, enables PacStar to deliver leading-edge customized, complete solutions that are reconfigurable in the field.
For more information about the PacStar 444 or PacStar 400-Series product line, please visit our website: https://pacstar.com/products/deployable-communications/pacstar-400-series/
To download a comprehensive PacStar 444 datasheet, please visit: http://pacstar.com/products/deployable-communications/pacstar-400-series/pacstar-444-small-gige-switch/#datasheet
Pacific Star Communications, Inc. (PacStar) is a leading technology-based systems integrator that delivers advanced, reliable and interoperable tactical and enterprise communications systems to the military, federal, state and local government agencies, as well as emergency responders. The company’s patented IQ-Core® Software and hardware technology and integration/installation services provide secure, command, control and communications systems – particularly in remote or infrastructure starved areas. PacStar’s unified and tactical network communications systems are ideally suited for commercial sector organizations with mission-critical, complex communications requirements. For additional information, please visit https://pacstar.com, LinkedIn and Twitter @pacstarcomm.