“We matter. Our love matters, our stories matter, our triumphs and challenges matter. We wanted to create a space where we don’t have to fight to be heard. It feels like a beautiful paradigm shift, taking back control of the narrative.” - Emma Waldron, Founder of Wilde
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) January 11, 2021
Wilde, a womxn-focused streaming platform, announced today the launch of its new subscriber and advertising-supported video-on-demand (SVOD, AVOD) service. With over 230+ titles of highly curated movies and TV Shows premiering at launch, Wilde is the first and only streaming platform featuring 100% womxn-led content that strives to support the marginalized female voice and narrative.
The movies and shows on Wilde highlight diverse stories spanning the vast spectrum of lived experiences of a wide range of womxn from different backgrounds. Film luminaries such as Ava duVernay, Lena Dunham, Katie Holmes as well as the iconic Jane Fonda’s 80’s workouts are all found on Wilde. Additionally, important documentaries that spark conversations about the intersectionality of womxnhood include: ‘Krows Transformation’ and ‘Hope Village’, as well as films starring Constance Wu, Jessica Biel, Moses Ingram, Tatyana Ali, Loretta Devine, Michelle Williams, Susan Sarandon, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Aubrey Plaza, June Diane Raphael, Casey Wilson, Alicia Silverstone and Angela Trimbur. The films presented on Wilde challenge and rebel against the status quo.
“Wilde aims to break the glass screen and strives not only to disrupt the rules, but to also create new ones by amplifying content that empowers the world we live in,” says Emma Waldron, Founder of Wilde. “We matter. Our love matters, our stories matter, our triumphs and challenges matter. We wanted to create a space where we don’t have to fight to be heard. It feels like a beautiful paradigm shift, taking back control of the narrative.”
After years of feeling powerless over the image shaped around herself and womxn in media, Wilde founder Emma Waldron, a former model and Miss World Ireland, created an all-female team to create this platform that tells womxn’s stories. Wilde is a place where multidimensionalism exists and is reflected within the offerings in an ad-supported free service that makes it accessible with 90% less ad load usually seen on linear TV. Subscribers can also curate custom playlists, host a watch party and discover new titles with Wilde’s unique female-focused curation feature.
Top Titles on Wilde:
1. We Need to Talk About Kevin - nominated for a Golden Globe for her role as the Mother of a child who goes on a killing spree, Tilda Swinton’s visceral performance is not to be missed.
2. Half The Picture - A powerful documentary (100% RT Rating) about the discriminatory hiring practices as a framework to talk to successful women directors (Ava du Vernay, Lena Dunham, Sam Taylor-Johnson) about their career paths, their struggles, their inspiration, and their hopes for the future.
3. Addicted to Fresno - this laugh-out-loud comedy is best enjoyed using Wilde’s Watch With Friend Feature. The story of two sisters (Natasha Lyonne, Judy Greer) who stage a cover-up after one accidentally murders a guest at the hotel where they work is the distraction we all deserve.
4. Unmasked - the story of a Muslim immigrant womxn who secretly joins an acting class, empowering her to unveil her true-self beyond limitations as passion and faith collide.
5. Don’t Talk to Irene - a film about a young womxn, Irene, with a passion for cheerleading, secretly signs up senior citizen residents for a dance-themed reality show. This empowering film stars Geena Davis, Michelle McLeod and Anastasia Phillips.
6. Ass Backwards - the story of two childhood best friends (June Diane Raphael, Casey Wilson) who are nearing their 30s and not quite where they thought they'd be in life, finding their way to reconciling their past, present and future.
7. Mama - personal journey starring Penelope Cruz on starting a new life after being diagnosed with cancer.
8. The Last Conception - the story of Savarna Sikand (Nazanin Mandi), descendant of Buddha himself, who is under pressure to produce an heir to her family’s Royal Bloodline, made complicated by the fact that she is a gay womxn.
For more information and to subscribe, please visit http://www.thewilde.tv
Wilde is the first womxn-focused media technology streaming platform. Headquartered in New York, it features 100% womxn-led content that strives to support the marginalized female voice and narrative that makes womxn feel seen, represented, and understood. For more information, visit http://www.thewilde.tv
Press Related Inquiries: