AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) August 20, 2018
Just in time for #NationalDogDay on August 26, HomeAway® is launching a website of pet-friendly vacation homes, cabins and condos. To celebrate, the company will donate $100 for every vacation booked on HomeAway.com/travel/pet-friendly to subsidize veterinary care for pets in need.
HomeAway is highlighting the 350,000 whole homes those pet lovers can rent for their next vacation and announcing a partnership with Emancipet, the nonprofit on a mission to make veterinary care affordable and accessible to all pet owners.
“We see every day how much pets are part of people’s families,” said Amy Mills, CEO of Emancipet. “It makes sense people want to travel with their whole family, and finding the right place to stay is a lot easier if you rent a HomeAway.”
To make sure dogs travel safely on #NationalDogDay and every day, Emancipet and HomeAway also offer these tips:
- If you’re driving, secure your pet in a carrier or safety harness. Stop regularly for potty, water and snack breaks.
- Make sure your pet is wearing ID tags and is microchipped and registered with updated, accurate contact information.
- Homeowners who list their homes on HomeAway.com don’t all interpret “pet-friendly” the same way. Some charge a pet fee, some don’t have fenced-in yards and some may provide everything you need for a fantasy pet vacation from food and treats to a pet-welcoming pool. Read the property details, look at the photos and ask questions if anything isn’t clear.
- Pack smart. Bring more than enough food, treats and medication, and don’t forget your pet’s bed and favorite toys. If you’re flying, pack enough supplies for a couple of days in your carry-on in case your luggage is lost.
- Locate a veterinary emergency clinic in your destination city — just in case. Travel with vaccination records.
For every stay booked from now through December using this link, hmwy.co/pet-travel. HomeAway will donate $100 to Emancipet up to $10,000.
Emancipet is a nonprofit on a mission to make high-quality spay/neuter and veterinary care affordable and accessible to all pet owners. Emancipet manages an expanding national network of high-quality, low-cost clinics; offers customized training and consulting programs to animal welfare organizations nationwide; and advocates for strategies and public policy that improve the lives of pets in underserved communities.
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is a leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, with sites representing more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia Group family of brands. For more information about HomeAway, please visit http://www.homeaway.com.