In a profession where word of mouth can make all the difference, knowing how to build a reputation as a dependable, valuable expert witness is paramount.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (PRWEB) December 05, 2018
Litigation Insights’ CEO/Senior Research Director, Dr. Merrie Jo Pitera, has released a new educational webinar, hosted jointly with veteran trial attorney Joseph M. Price of law firm Faegre Baker Daniels. Entitled “Engineering in the Courtroom: Becoming a Technical Consultant or Expert Witness,” the webinar is geared toward those who want to lend their expertise to jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations.
During the 90-minute webinar, Dr. Pitera and Mr. Price guide viewers through the legal and ethical considerations and the step-by-step process involved in becoming a successful expert witness. Viewers learn the essentials of being both an outstanding expert as well as a confident, proficient witness, able to use their expertise to teach complex material to a layman audience while incorporating a client’s case themes.
After all, achieving long-term success is about far more than passing the interview. “Clients are too often impressed by an expert’s interview, only to be disappointed by the expert’s report and testimony performance. And in a profession where word of mouth can make all the difference, knowing how to build a reputation as a dependable, valuable expert witness is paramount,” says Dr. Pitera.
To address this issue, viewers hear – directly from a seasoned trial attorney – what attorneys are looking for when they hire: how to put together a stand-out resume, how to develop defensible positions, and how to maintain objectivity. Then, Dr. Pitera – a jury consultant and witness-prep expert – discusses how to effectively communicate dense subject matter to an audience, using behaviors that build credibility and language the audience can understand.
Whether new to the field or an established expert, this webinar helps each viewer develop and refine the skills that lead to a lasting career as an expert witness.
Those interested in learning more or purchasing this webinar may visit: http://www.lorman.com/training/400077TMX?p=18960
About Merrie Jo Pitera, Ph.D.
- CEO/Senior Research Director – Litigation Insights, Inc.
- Psychology and communications expert with more than 28 years of experience in the field
- Practice areas include intellectual property, employment, commercial, environmental and product liability/personal injury litigation
- Communication expertise includes preparing expert, corporate, and fact witnesses for Daubert hearings, depositions, trials, arbitrations, and congressional hearings
- Frequent national and international speaker on jury behavior and witness prep methods
- Has authored numerous white papers re communication skills for the testifying expert and/or corporate witness, and published articles in a variety of law journals on jury selection and trial preparation
- Co-author of the book, Storytelling for the Defense: The Defense Attorney’s Courtroom Guide to Beating Plaintiffs at their Own Game.
About Joseph M. Price, J.D.
- Senior Counsel with Faegre Baker Daniels
- Senior trial lawyer and Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Decades of experience and a passion for solid science to representing pharmaceutical and medical device makers in complex litigation, mass tort, and class action products liability cases
- Tried numerous medical product liability cases in 10 states and is nationally and internationally recognized for his mass tort expertise
- One of the pioneers in mass tort and medical device litigation, dating back to his extensive involvement in the Dalkon Shield litigation in the early 1970s
- Has served as MDL, national coordinating and liaison counsel in major medical products litigation, tried many cases, and played key roles in the national and regional defense and coordination of such litigation
About Litigation Insights:
Litigation Insights is a national, woman-owned company with 25 years of experience conducting jury research, developing trial graphics and assisting counsel with jury selection and courtroom support during trial proceedings. As a full-service consulting and visual communications firm, the company provides everything from mock trials, witness preparation, and jury selection to trial graphics and courtroom technology. Its offices are located in Kansas City, Minneapolis, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Baltimore. Interested parties may call (888) 339 9885 or visit http://litigationinsights.com for more information about the company.