SAE's curriculum, facilities, and faculty are united in the goal of preparing students to get hired and succeed in the real world. Jonathan’s Grammy-nominated work with Beyonce is testament to the viability of this strategic, career-oriented strategy.
New York, NY (PRWEB) January 15, 2015
SAE Institute New York Audio Technology Program graduate Jonathan Lee has been nominated for a 2015 Album of the Year Grammy award for his work as the Tracking Engineer on “Beyonce” by Beyonce. The album was produced at Jungle City Studios in New York.
Lee is a 2010 graduate of SUNY Binghamton. He discovered SAE after it was recommended to him by executives at The Magic Shop recording studio in Soho, NYC, where Lee was seeking to work as an intern. After graduating from SAE’s Manhattan campus in 2011, he began working at Jungle City Studios.
Along with Lee’s nomination, a number of other SAE New York graduates worked on Grammy nominated projects, including:
- Best Pop Solo Performance - "All Of Me" (John Legend) - Jason Agel (2001 graduate)
- Best Pop Vocal Album – “Bangerz” (Miley Cyrus) - Matt Testa (2006)
- Best R&B Performance - "Drunk In Love" (Beyonce) - Jonathan Lee
- Best R&B Song - "Drunk In Love" (Beyonce) - Jonathan Lee
- Best Urban Contemporary Album – “Beyonce” (Beyonce) - Jonathan Lee
- Best Spoken Word Album – “Diary of a Mad Diva” (Joan Rivers) - Kerry Pompeo (2004)
- Song of The Year - "Chandelier" (Sia) - The Lodge Mastering - Jackie Smiley (2012)
- Best Pop Solo Performance - "Chandelier" (Sia) - The Lodge Mastering - Jackie Smiley (2012)
- Best Music Video - "Chandelier" (Sia) - The Lodge Mastering - Jackie Smiley (2012)
- Best New Artist - Haim - The Lodge Mastering - Jackie Smiley (2012)
- Best Remixed Recording Non-Classical - "Waves" (Mr Probz) - Benoit Holliger (2011)
“SAE’s reputation as being one of the world’s best of the best audio engineering schools is proven by the amazing achievements of our graduates,” says SAE New York Campus Director Steven Kashkin. “Our curriculum, facilities, and faculty are united in the goal of preparing SAE students to get hired and succeed in the real world, and Jonathan’s Grammy-nominated work with Beyonce is testament to the viability of this strategic, career-oriented strategy.”
SAE Institute provides aspiring creative media professionals with a foundation of practical theory and valuable hands-on training in their chosen areas of concentration. Under the guidance of our faculty, which is comprised of working industry professionals, students gain the essential experience they need for entry-level jobs in the entertainment business. Our students are supported in their job searches by SAE’s international network of alumni, many of whom are leaders in the music, film, game arts, and live performance arenas. We offer programs in audio technology across our seven US campuses, along with a music business program at select locations, all fully accredited and focused on preparing students for employment when they graduate. Bachelor’s Degree programs in Animation, Audio, Film, Game Art & Graphic Design are available at the two locations of Ex’pression College, which is owned and operated by SAE Institute Group, Inc. SAE Institute Group, Inc. is a part of Navitas Ltd. Learn more at USA.sae.edu.
Navitas is an Australian global education leader, providing pre-university and university programs, English language courses, migrant education and settlement services, creative media education, student recruitment, professional development, and corporate training services to more than 80,000 students across a network of over 100 colleges and campuses in 27 countries. Learn more at Navitas.com.