NEW YORK (PRWEB) November 22, 2019
The New York CIO Leadership Association (NewYorkCIO) announced the winners of its 2019 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. NewYorkCIO recognized chief information officers in six key categories – Leadership, Super Global, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, and Corporate. The Awards were presented at the New York CIO of the Year Awards at the Grand Hyatt New York.
“Today’s recognition of these CIO Executives’ ability to innovate and lead their organizations is the cornerstone of the New York CIO Leadership Association’s vision of developing transformative technology leaders who deliver business outcomes that impact their organizations, their industries and our world,” said Lisa LaRoque, Executive Director of NewYorkCIO.
“Being selected by their peers is testament to the innovation, leadership and perseverance these individuals have mastered in earning this prestigious recognition.”
The 2019 New York CIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners are:
- Janet Sherlock, CIO, Ralph Lauren Corporation, received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Earl Newsome, CIO, Americas, Linde PLC, received the Super Global ORBIE, for organizations over $14 billion annual revenue & multi-national.
- Michael Braine, CIO, Tapestry, received the Global ORBIE, for organizations over $4 billion annual revenue & multi-national.
- Carol Juel, EVP & CIO, Synchrony, received the Large Enterprise ORBIE, for organizations over $8 billion annual revenue.
- Leonard Peters, CIO, New York University, received the Enterprise ORBIE, for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue.
- Andrea Markstrom, CIO, Blank Rome LLP, received the Corporate ORBIE, for organizations up to $1 billion annual revenue.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 800 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 200 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Size and scope of responsibilities
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by Becky Blalock, Former SVP & CIO of Southern Company. Nearly 400 guests attended, representing leading Philadelphia organizations and their technology partners.
The 2019 New York CIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Markley Group & Century Link
- Gold sponsors: Insight & Techolution
- Silver sponsors: Zerto, Zscaler, Splunk, Red Hat, Slalom, Vivat & SAP
- Bronze sponsors: NTT Data, FinancialForce, PCM, Psiog, Aisera, EY, Dell Boomi, Ballast Services, Exclamation Labs, Blue Sky IT Partners, Wiztek, Zoom, Service Express & Between Pixels
- National partner: Year Up
- Media partner: Crain’s New York Business
- About the New York CIO Leadership Association
The New York CIO Leadership Association (NewYorkCIO) is the preeminent professional association for New York chief information officers. Our membership is comprised exclusively of CIOs (or equivalent executive roles) from public and private companies, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit organizations.
NewYorkCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board which sets the annual program agenda for the association. Events are facilitated by a full-time Executive Director and professional staff. NewYorkCIO events are CIO-led and attended solely by CIO-level executives.