NEW YORK (PRWEB) December 04, 2020
NewYorkCIO announced the winners of its 2020 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. NewYorkCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Leadership, Super Global, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Corporate, and Healthcare. The NewYorkCIO of the Year Awards were presented virtually.
“The NewYorkCIO ORBIE winners demonstrate the value great leadership creates. Especially in these uncertain times, CIOs are leading in unprecedented ways and enabling the largest work-from-home experiment in history,” according to Monique Cook, Executive Director of NewYorkCIO. “The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers - CIOs who understand how difficult this job is and why great leadership matters.”
The 2020 NewYorkCIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners are:
- Harry Moseley, Global CIO, Zoom received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Sal Cucchiara, CIO, Morgan Stanley received the Super Global ORBIE for organizations over $20 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Beth Boucher, SVP & CIO, Sirius Group received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $1.5 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Steve Mills, CIO, iHeartMedia, Inc. received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $2 billion annual revenue.
- Michael Salas, SVP, Chief Information & Digital Officer, SUEZ North America received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue.
- Karen Beebe, CIO & SVP, Operations & Ecommerce, Vineyard Vines received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $1 billion annual revenue.
- Daniel J Barchi, Group SVP & CIO, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital received the Healthcare ORBIE for hospital and healthcare organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 1,000 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 300 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by Thaddeus Arroyo, CEO of AT&T Consumer. Over 400 guests attended virtually, representing leading Greater New York organizations and their technology partners.
The 2020 NewYorkCIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Markley Group, Lumen, Splunk, Techolution & Insight
- Gold sponsors: VMWare, Dell Technologies, Fortinet, Synechron & Compugain
- Silver sponsors: Slalom, Workday, Zerto, Red Hat, Rural Sourcing, CI&T, Rubrik, EY & Zoom
- Bronze sponsors: FPT, TIBCO, Protiviti, Zscaler, ConvergeOne, Hire Talent, Tech Mahindra, Palo Alto, InfoSys, Cisco, Salesforce & Between Pixels
- Media partner: Crain’s New York Business
- About the NewYorkCIO
NewYorkCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Greater New York chief information officers. NewYorkCIO is one of 17 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
NewYorkCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.