BOSTON, Feb. 12, 2020 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- FinTech Sandbox has revealed nine FinTech startups chosen for Demo Day 7.0, to be hosted at Moody's Analytics offices on April 2nd, in conjunction with New York FinTech Week. This is the third time FinTech Sandbox has brought Demo Day to New York, and it is the seventh iteration of FinTech Sandbox Demo Day.
Nonprofit FinTech Sandbox facilitates innovation in the financial sector by making data and infrastructure available to well-qualified FinTech startups at the point when such access is most impactful. These Sandbox startups, in return, are expected to collaborate with each other, sharing learnings and advancements that benefit the FinTech ecosystem. Participating startups pay no fees, and no equity is taken.
Demo Day is an opportunity for a select audience to go under the hood of robust technologies solving the industry's most pressing challenges. Firms will showcase products developed. They are:
- POSH is a conversational AI platform startup founded at MIT to automate routine communications tasks via context-aware bots.
- Pinkaloo helps customers build stronger relationships with their customers by directly powering the charitable giving in their communities.
- Tunnel is a global, real-time payments network with peer-to-peer mobile apps with no transaction fees & APIs built for business transactions
- Edmit helps families make smart financial decisions about college and student debt by providing content, tools, and advising at every step of the process.
- MyLionX offers business technology to meet complex consumer privacy regulations when sharing personal information with third parties.
- MoCaFi helps people achieve financial mobility with a no-fee bank account, credit building tools, and wealth-building financial services.
- Boss Insights' Universal API Platform empowers FIs with digital lending and 360⁰ insights on business borrowers in 8 weeks.
- IntelliBonds is building the first AI/Human collaborative investment platform for fixed income institutional investors.
- Solidus Labs' cloud solutions allow financial institutions to orchestrate all their compliance needs in one unified, digital asset-native and ML-powered hub.
Three are from Boston, two from New York, with one each coming from Baltimore, London, San Francisco, and Toronto. According to Jean Donnelly, FinTech Sandbox Executive Director, "We are very excited to see what these nine startups will present, and to see how access to data and services provided by our partners has accelerated their development and fueled further advances in FinTech."
Demo Day 7.0 is sponsored by Commonwealth, the Boston-based financial inclusion nonprofit, and Refinitiv. It is supported by amazing community partners including FreeWind Productions, Ideometry, and the Financial Revolutionist. Nick Maynard, Senior Vice President for Commonwealth will deliver keynote remarks.
More than 200 startups from around the world have been accepted as participants since FinTech Sandbox launched in 2015. Alumni include Kensho (acquired by S&P Global), Petal, TellusLabs (acquired by Indigo), and Quantopian. Companies accepted to the program have gone on to raise, in aggregate, more than $600 million and created more than 600 jobs.
About FinTech Sandbox
FinTech Sandbox is a Boston-based nonprofit that promotes innovation in financial technology and financial services globally by providing FinTech entrepreneurs and startups with access to critical data and resources. FinTech Sandbox also organizes Boston FinTech Week, the world's largest free FinTech conference, each September. For more information, please visit https://fintechsandbox.org/ and https://www.twitter.com/FinTechSandbox.
SOURCE FinTech Sandbox