“NVTC is proud to recognize these finalists for their remarkable achievement as well as their contributions to the overall success of the region,” said Brad Schwartz, Acting President and CEO of NVTC.
HERNDON, Va. (PRWEB) July 16, 2020
The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) is pleased to announce the finalists for the second annual Virginia Data Center Awards. The finalists represent excellence in the areas of sustainability, construction, advocacy and community engagement, and support.
According to NVTC’s 2020 Impact of Data Centers on the State and Local Economies of Virginia prepared by Mangum Economics, Northern Virginia is the largest data center market in the world, but the data center industry has an important footprint in every part of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Central Virginia and Hampton Roads each account for almost ten percent of overall industry employment in the state. Data center industry pay has increased twice as fast as the statewide average since 2001.
NVTC’s report estimated in 2018 that data centers were, directly and indirectly, responsible for generating:
- $600.1 million in state and local tax revenue in Virginia;
- 14,644 full-time-equivalent jobs with an average annual pay of $126,000;
- $1.9 billion in associated pay and benefits; and
- $4.5 billion in economic output.
“The data center industry is extremely important to not only the tech community but to the entire Commonwealth. The economic multiplier effect that comes from being the marker leader is far-reaching in terms of high paying jobs and tax revenue generated. NVTC is proud to recognize these finalists for their remarkable achievement as well as their contributions to the overall success of the region,” said Brad Schwartz, Acting President and CEO of NVTC.
Winners in the following six categories will be announced later this fall at a virtual event.
2020 Greater Washington Technology CFO Awards Finalists
Data Center Community Champion
- Amazon Web Services Girls' Tech Day
- Nancy Novak, Chief Innovation Officer, Compass Datacenters
- CyrusOne Community Volunteers
- Greg Adgate, Vice President of Global Partnerships & Alliances, Equinix
- TJ Ciccone, Vice President of Data Center Operations, STACK INFRASTRUCTURE, Adjunct Professor, Northern Virginia Community College
Data Center Construction Project
- CyrusOne / HITT Contracting
- Digital Realty / HITT Contracting
- Vantage Data Centers
Data Center Industry Icon
- Michael Mosman, Chief Technical Officer, Morrison Hershfield
- Lee Kestler, Chief Commercial Officer, Vantage Data Centers
Data Center Supplier Champion
- Verity Commercial, LLC
Data Center Sustainable Champion
- Erich Sanchack. Executive Vice President, Operations, Digital Realty
- Detlev Guess, Regional Vice President, IBX Operations East, Equinix, Inc.
Data Center Veterans Champion
- Nick Curry, Senior Program Manager, Military Initiatives, Amazon Web Services
- Dan Fulcoly, General Manager, QTS Federal, QTS Data Centers