“These winners exhibit the best in affordable housing, showing how developers can work with residents and local communities to create fantastic homes,” - Rebecca Arthur, MAI, conference co-chairwoman and Novogradac & Company LLP partner
SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) December 03, 2018
The Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits today announced the winners of the 2018 Developments of Distinction Awards. The awards will be presented at Novogradac’s 2019 Affordable Housing Conference: Using RAD and the LIHTC to Improve Communities in Miami Beach, Fla., Jan. 10, 2019.
“These winners exhibit the best in affordable housing, showing how developers can work with residents and local communities to create fantastic homes,” said Rebecca Arthur, MAI, conference co-chairwoman and Novogradac & Company LLP partner.
“It’s inspiring to see the work that these organizations do,” said Rich Larsen, CPA, conference co-chairman and Novogradac & Company LLP partner. “The winners are found all over the nation, in both rural areas and urban communities.”
Awardees were recognized in the following categories:
- Robert S. Curry, Cleveland Housing Network
Metropolitan Community Impact
- Development name: Grandview Marquette Apartments in Marquette, Mich.
- Developer: Home Renewal Systems LLC
Rural Community Impact
- Development name: Atz Place in Kendallville, Ind.
- Developer: Woda Cooper Companies Inc.
Preservation of Existing Affordable Rental Housing
- Development name: Portner Flats in Washington, D.C.
- Developer: Somerset Portner PF Partners LLC & Rose Portner Flats LLC
Preservation of Existing Public Housing
- Development name: New Parkridge in Ypsilanti, Mich.
- Developer: Ypsilanti-Washtenaw Housing Corporation
- Development name: Eastgate in San Marcos, Calif.
- Developer: Affirmed Housing
Special Needs Population
- Development name: 66 West in Edina, Minn.
- Developer: Beacon Interfaith Housing Collaborative
Additional details about the awards winners and information on how to nominate a development for the next round of awards can be found at http://www.novoco.com/events/awards.
About Novogradac & Company
Novogradac began operations in 1989 and has grown to more than 600 employees and partners with offices in 27 cities. Tax, audit and consulting specialty practice areas for Novogradac include affordable housing, community development, historic rehabilitation and renewable energy. The firm recently launched a new practice focused on the opportunity zones incentive.