The practice is taking all precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 so we can still treat patients with urgent, acute issues during this time. We truly appreciate the loyalty of our patients and hope to return to normal operation soon, says Dr. Jonathan Glashow
NEW YORK (PRWEB) March 23, 2020
Dr. Jonathan Glashow’s New York City orthopedic practice is located in Midtown Manhattan at 737 Park Avenue, Suite #1A. Dr. Glashow provides the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of orthopedic injuries and conditions. He is doing everything possible to ensure the health and safety of his patients and staff during the coronavirus pandemic. Currently, appointments are now limited to patients in need of urgent orthopedic care. The clinic is implementing best practices in exam rooms to minimize exposure to respiratory pathogens for both practitioners and patients by providing a high level of disinfection protocols and hygiene standards. Below are guidelines being followed by the practice and patients:
- Dr. Glashow is only seeing two patients in the office at a time, and no individual will be in the waiting room.
- Office common area and restroom counters and door handles/knobs are being cleaned with disinfectant between each patient visit.
- All patients will be seated in a sanitized exam room upon check-in.
- All patients and staff entering the office must be fever free and MAY NOT exhibit any coughing, sneezing or flu like symptoms. They also must not have been in contact with any individual who has traveled internationally in the last 14 days or with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. They must not have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Patients need to adhere to recommended CDC and WHO standards for hand hygiene. The washing of hands must be done prior to entering the exam room, and patients are asked not to touch phones after washing.
- Patients are asked to observe social distancing of at least six feet and refrain from direct contact. If they cough or sneeze, they need to use their elbow crease or tissue to cover the mouth.
“The practice is taking all precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 so we can still treat patients with urgent, acute issues during this time. We truly appreciate the loyalty of our patients and hope to return to normal operation soon,” says Dr. Jonathan Glashow
More about Dr. Jonathan Glashow:
Dr. Jonathan Glashow is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and co-chief of sports medicine orthopedics at New York’s Mount Sinai Medical Center and has been in private practice for over 29 years. He is a top-rated physician who is trusted by professional athletes, specializing in orthopedic shoulder surgery and knee injuries. Dr. Glashow completed his medical degree from Cornell University Medical College and residency at Lenox Hill Hospital NYC in orthopedic surgery. He earned subspecialty fellowship training in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery at the Southern California Orthopedic Institute/UCLA in Los Angeles, California.
To find out more information about Dr. Jonathan Glashow or to schedule an appointment at his orthopedic practice in NYC, please call (212)794-5096 or visit http://www.orthopedicsurgeonnyc.com.
For further questions about the novel coronavirus visit the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.