NEW YORK (PRWEB) October 25, 2018
The New York Energy Consumers Council (NYECC), the largest energy customer advocacy organization in New York State, today announced its 2018 Energy New York Awards (ENYA) recipients.
- Alicia Barton, President and CEO of NYSERDA, received a leadership and vision award for leading the development and implementation of programs to meet Governor Andrew M. Cuomo’s ambitious clean energy goals, including overseeing the development of 2,400 megawatts of offshore wind energy – enough energy to power 1.2 million homes - by 2030.
- Tria Case, Esq., University Director of Sustainability and Energy Conservation at the City University of New York / Sustainable CUNY, received a leadership and vision award for development of the Smart Distributed Generation Hub (DG Hub) to develop a strategic pathway to a resilient distributed energy system.
- Charles Copeland, President and CEO of Goldman Copeland, received a leadership and innovation award for his extraordinary legacy of creative energy solutions for New York City and many of its most iconic buildings, including commercial office buildings, theaters and Grand Central Station.
- Dan Levin, Executive Vice-President of the NYECC and Vice President, Energy Markets at Bright Power, received a leadership award for his leadership at the NYECC, spanning over 10 years, including positions as Co-President for 7 years and in leading many committees, contributing to the success of the organization and its impact on energy issues.
The following individuals and organizations were also honored at the October 23rd event.
- Ja Kao and Priyanka Kandula of Onyx Renewable Partners for developing a 3.8-megawatt rooftop solar system at StuyTown, doubling Manhattan’s solar generating capacity.
- Raymond Pezzuti of White & Case, LLP for achieving greenhouse gas reductions of 1,050 tons of CO2 equivalent annually in the firm’s relocation to 1221 AoA.
- Thomas Spinelli of NAME Energy Group, a visionary who created an end-to-end Power over Ethernet lighting system that is manufactured locally.
- United Technologies Digital Accelerator for its commitment to green building practices in its buildout in a landmarked commercial building.
The ENYA honors organizations and individuals who demonstrate exceptional leadership and innovation in smart energy use and conservation, and whose work has impact beyond their individual buildings or sites. John Rhodes, Chair of the New York State Public Service Commission and CEO of the Department of Public Service, served as Keynote Speaker at the event.
Diana Sweeney, Executive Director, NYECC noted “Our honorees are leaders who have risen above the norm and have made a significant, positive impact on energy and the environment in NYC. Their leadership, vision and innovation influence our energy community to continually strive for new technology, processes and ideas that create a firm foundation for our energy future.”
Event sponsors included Beam Living, Constellation, and The Durst Organization.
About The New York Energy Consumers Council (NYECC)
The New York Energy Consumers Council represents the interests of major energy users in New York City and Westchester County and strives to ensure that the local utility provides safe and reliable delivery of energy at just and reasonable rates. The NYECC provides collective strength for its members through ongoing interventions in numerous proceedings before the New York State Public Service Commission.