NEW YORK (PRWEB) December 21, 2020
Vasant Dhar, a professor at the NYU Stern School of Business and the PhD program Director at the Center for Data Science at NYU, today announced the launch of “Brave New World,” a podcast series on the post-COVID transformation of humanity driven by tech and the increasing "virtualization" of human activity. The series features well-known industry influencers and thought leaders discussing the impacts on work, health, faith, investing, emotional well being, government, democracy, and freedom.
Join Professor Dhar and his guests on a bi-weekly basis for mind-opening conversations that explore the world that your future self will inhabit.
WHAT: “Brave New World” is an initiative of the Data Governance Network, and is supported by the Omidyar Network.
WHO: Professor Vasant Dhar is joined by a new guest each podcast episode including:
- Arun Sundararajan, Harold Price Professor of Entrepreneurship at NYU Stern and Author of “The Sharing Economy: The End of Employment and the Rise of Crowd-based Capitalism”
- Scott Galloway, Professor of Marketing at NYU Stern, Author of “The Four” and “Algebra of Happiness,” and Cohost of the Pivot Podcast
- Sinan Aral, David Austin Professor of Management, IT, Marketing, and Data Science at MIT and Author of The Hype Machine
- John Sexton, 15th President of NYU (2002-2015) and Professor of Law at NYU
- Eric Topol, Professor of Molecular Medicine at The Scripps Research Institute and Author of Deep Medicine
- Yann LeCun, Turing Award Winner 2018, Chief AI Scientist at Facebook, and Silver Professor at NYU
- Richard Thaler, Recipient of the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences and Professor of Behavioral Sciences at the University of Chicago
- Nandan Nilekani, Founder of Infosys, Aadhar platform Architect, and Tech visionary
About Professor Vasant Dhar
Vasant Dhar is a Professor at the Stern School of Business and the PhD program Director at the Center for Data Science at NYU. His research addresses when we should trust Artificial Intelligence Systems with decision making and how digital platforms should be governed.