Our engineering experts and industry partners will also be available to speak one-on-one to answer questions regarding manufacturing challenges.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (PRWEB) November 16, 2018
Okuma America Corporation, a world leader in CNC machine tool manufacturing, presents their annual Winter Showcase, Wednesday, November 28 and Thursday, November 29, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. in Charlotte, North Carolina. Machine tool users will see cutting demonstrations on 22 machines and learn how they can apply diverse automation applications to their manufacturing process to save time and money. Many demos shown at IMTS 2018 will be at this event as well, providing users another opportunity to view Okuma's advanced technology advancements firsthand.
More than 40 companies and members of Partners in THINC will feature CNC machining solutions on various demos and be available to discuss every facet of manufacturing needs, from automation, tooling, workholding, programming, coolant and fluids, to chip control, and digitalization.
“Okuma will be showcasing our latest machine tool technology, such as our MU-S600V with built-in machine-to-machine automation. Our engineering experts and industry partners will also be available to speak one-on-one to answer questions regarding manufacturing challenges,” said Wade Anderson, Director of Partners in THINC and Product Specialist Sales Manager.
Daily Showcase Agenda:
- 9:00-9:45am: Embracing Technology, Chris Bathgate: Machinist sculptor Chris Bathgate shares his journey of creating unique, metal artwork, the challenges he’s faced and the technology he’s embraced along the way.
- 10:00-10:30am: Speed Up Function - Getting the most from your HMC, Errol Burrell: Okuma machining center product specialist Errol Burrell shares the inside scoop on how to get the most from the Speed Up Function software with the latest HMC and OSP controls.
- 10:30-11:00am: Automation - Integration and its Profound Impact for Manufacturers, Gosiger and Okuma: Gosiger Automation and Okuma share examples of how to automate processes and the areas that have to be considered for successful integration.
- 11:00-11:30am: Solving Manufacturing Problems Through the Power of OSP, THINC Developers Group: The team will discuss how they work together to develop new or custom apps and how using the openness of the OSP control can solve manufacturing needs.
- 12:00-1:00pm: LUNCH BUFFET
- 1:15-2:00pm: Automating Collision Avoidance Software to Protect Your Investment, Esprit and Okuma: We’ve teamed up with Esprit to create game-changing integration that makes modeling for Collision Avoidance Software easier to use and more productive than ever.
- 2:00-2:30pm: Adding Value for Your Employees through Competitive Benefit Packages, Liberty National: Employee retention is a concern for every shop owner or business leader. Liberty National shares how their competitive packages can add value to your workforce.
Unique, metal artwork by machinist sculptor, Chris Bathgate, will be on display for the two-day event. The Baltimore-based artist is a self-trained machinist. He utilizes handmade tools, lathes and mills to create precisely-crafted, art sculptures.
Lunch will be provided daily. For detailed information about the 2018 Winter Showcase event and to register visit https://site.okuma.com/winter-showcase. For more information on Okuma America Corporation visit https://www.okuma.com/.
About Okuma America Corporation
Okuma America Corporation is the U.S.-based sales and service affiliate of Okuma Corporation, a world leader in CNC (computer numeric control) machine tools, founded in 1898 in Nagoya, Japan. The company is the industry’s only single-source provider, with the CNC machine, drive, motors, encoders, and spindle all manufactured by Okuma. The company also designs their own CNC controls to integrate seamlessly with each machine tool’s functionality. In 2014 Okuma launched the Okuma App Store, the industry’s only centralized online marketplace for machine tool apps and related content. Along with its extensive distribution network (largest in the Americas), and Partners in THINC, Okuma is committed to helping users gain competitive advantage through the open possibilities of machine tools, today and into the future. For more information, visit http://www.okuma.com/americas or follow us on Facebook or Twitter @OkumaAmerica.