An overwhelming majority of adults relied on sex toys as their sex lives suffered during stay-at-home orders over the last year of the pandemic.
MIAMI (PRWEB) March 30, 2021
Ella Paradis, one of the premier sexual health & wellness eCommerce retailers, released a new study today examining behaviors and mindsets of adults relating to sex toys & self pleasure specifically one year after the pandemic. The results? An overwhelming majority of adults relied on sex toys as their sex lives suffered during stay-at-home orders over the last year of the pandemic.
Of the 1,148 adults surveyed, 83.3% of respondents noted they purchased a sex toy during quarantine, 46.5% noted they purchased more sex toys during quarantine than previously, 43.7% noted they masturbated more frequently than previously, and 29.9% noted their sex lives suffered as a result of the pandemic. To take this even further, 43.8% of participants also noted they became more interested in self pleasure during this time period.
“We’ve always acknowledged the connection between sexual wellness and mental confidence, which is why we do what we do. The results of this survey further prove the dependence we as humans have on a healthy relationship with ourselves,” remarked Tino Dietrich, CEO of Ella Paradis. “Seeing the increase in interest in sex toys as well as self pleasure gives us hope the the stigmas associated with our industry will soon be a thing of the past.”
- 50.3% of participants identify as male, 48.3% identify as female, 1.2% identify as non binary and .3% identify as trans
- 34% of participants were age 45.59, 28.1% were 35-44, 17.6% were 25-34, 14.7% were 60+, 5.6% were 18-24
- 82.4% of participants identify as heterosexual, 11.4% identify as bisexual, 2.4% identify as pansexual, 1.9% identified as an orientation not listed, and 1.8% identify as homosexual
- 45.6% of participants noted their sex life has not changed during one year in pandemic, 29.9% said their sex life suffered, and - 24.5% said their sex life has gotten better
- 43.7% of participants noted they masturbated more frequently than previous during the pandemic, 28.4% noted the frequency is unchanged, 23.9% said this did not masturbate more, and 3.9% said they were not sure
- When asked if participants have become more apprehensive to engage in sexual activity with new partners, 57.9% said they had the same partner the entire time, 22.1% said yes they are and 20% said no they are not
- 83.3% of participants said they purchased sex toys during the pandemic
- 46.5% of participants said they purchased more sex toys during the pandemic than previously, 45.8% said they did not
- 43.8% said they have become more interested in self pleasure during the pandemic and 42.4% said they did not.
You can find more about the findings of this survey here.
Over the past two years, Ella Paradis has expanded rapidly with 183% growth, serving over 10,000 customers every month. With thousands of transactions occurring weekly , Ella Paradis is proud to have over 250,000 satisfied customers returning to their site for products to enhance their sexual health and wellbeing. To learn more about Ella Paradis, go to https://www.ellaparadis.com/
About Ella Paradis:
Ella Paradis, one of the fastest growing wellness eCommerce companies in the US, offers tailored solutions and high-quality products for the sexually active adult. By breaking down barriers and disrupting outdated taboos regarding self-pleasure and self-care, Ella Paradis provides modern and approachable intimate care products for every price point. Founded in 2015, Ella Paradis made a mark as one of America's leading and innovative personal care brands, overcoming stigmas by making premium sexual wellness products available and affordable for everyone nationwide, regardless of gender and sexual orientation.
Boasting an inclusive atmosphere, Ella Paradis believes everyone deserves pleasure and fulfilling intimate relationships with both themselves and their partners. Ella Paradis also believes providing a space free of judgement with respect to others empowers the democratization of self-pleasure. Studies show sexual pleasure & wellness directly affects overall emotional and mental wellbeing, leading to a happier life. Ella Paradis' mission is to leave bread crumbs of happiness for all who shop with them. Headquartered in Miami, Florida, Ella Paradis’ multiple fulfilment centers across the US provide seamless shopping experiences nationwide.