NEW YORK, August 7, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Outbrain, the world's leading discovery and native advertising platform for the open web, today released the full results of its recent native advertising omnibus survey. The survey, which focused on how consumers feel about native advertising across social platforms and media publishers. Segmented by different age groups (Millennials, Gen-Xers and Baby Boomers), participants were surveyed on how they felt about certain types of ads, where they consumed their online news and whether they trusted the content they are shown.
"The majority of ad environments breed distrust among consumers. This means brands must work harder to ensure they are serving relevant content and that their message is reaching the right audience," said Arnon Sobol, Vice President, Global Business Strategy - Data Solutions at Outbrain. "With native advertising, it is easier to control the message while also showing ads in a safe place, adding an additional layer of brand safety. Through our survey, we found that all three generations are more trusting of native ads, especially amongst premium publishers."
Key Findings from the Report Include:
1. Consumers are significantly more likely to understand why they're shown native ads compared to ads on Facebook (57% vs 52%).
2. This understanding extends to trust with 22% of consumers trusting native ads versus 17% trusting Facebook ads.
3. 28% of consumers have clicked on native content in the past six months. Native Discoveries are considered educational, interesting, and relevant.
- 46% of consumers have learned things from prior recommendations.
- 2-in-5 consumers: Always find interesting content; Find value in recommendations; Find the content engaging.
To learn more about these results and to view the infographic, please visit Outbrain's blog. These are findings from Engine's CARAVAN U.S. Omnibus conducted May 30-June 2 and June 3-5, 2019. A sample of roughly 1,000 adults were interviewed online in English.
Outbrain is the world's discovery feed technology for the open web supported by the only end-to-end native advertising stack for publishers and advertisers. We make the discovery of content, products, and services possible. A third of the world's internet-connected population explore and discover information through our feed technology, which is trusted by emerging to established brands and integrated into thousands of media companies' tech stacks to manage and monetize their publishing operations. Outbrain operates in 55 countries and is headquartered in New York City with offices in 18 cities worldwide. Learn more at http://www.outbrain.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.