This holiday season Oxfam and friends are encouraging people to make the earth-friendly and budget-friendly choice to regift. Joined by celebrities and musicians, Oxfam is promoting a Regift Revolution giveaway of artists’ favorite regifted items.
BOSTON (PRWEB) December 11, 2020
This holiday season Oxfam and friends are shopping differently and encouraging everyone to be kind to our planet, and our wallets, by regifting. Joined by artists including Aisha Tyler, Alyssa Milano, Simon Helberg, Lake Street Dive, Margo Price and many more, Oxfam is promoting an online giveaway of some favorite regifted items. By making the earth-friendly and budget-friendly choice to join the Regift Revolution, they are giving a gift with big sentimental value but a small impact on the environment.
In 2018 the US alone produced 292.4 million tons of waste, that is about equal to the weight of 800 Empire State Buildings. But making the choice to give secondhand instead of shopping new doesn’t just cut back on waste, it cuts back on carbon emissions as well. Many of the toys and gifts we give each year are made out of plastic or packaged in plastic. And all that production and incineration of plastic adds up. In just 10 years the emissions from the plastic lifecycle could reach 1.34 gigatons per year – that’s more emissions than the amount produced from powering every home in the U.S. for one full year.
By visiting http://www.regiftrevolution.com fans have the chance to win regifted items like Alyssa Milano’s Dr. Fauci throw pillow, Margo Price’s boots from tour, the knitting basket used by the character Serena on The Handmaid’s Tale, a signed Archer baseball cap from Aisha Tyler, or a dress and a vintage poster from Simon Helberg and Jocelyn Towne. Each gift comes with a unique story told through video on the Regift Revolution site. The full list of artists and items can be found below.
The Regift Revolution giveaway is live now through the holiday season. Fans can pledge to reduce their carbon footprint by regifting this year, reinvest their money to help the poorest people on the planet overcome poverty, or take part in other actions that increase their entries to win.
Too many new gifts end up in a landfill or put a strain on our carbon emissions. This year, whether regifting something you owned or buying secondhand we can all join the Regift Revolution and curb our waste this holiday season.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
For full giveaway details visit http://www.regiftrevolution.com
Please visit oxfamamerica.org for seven reasons to regift this year
Spokespeople available upon request
Full list of participating items and regifts below
- Aisha Tyler, Actor, Signed Archer baseball cap
- Alejandra Schrader, Chef, apron used in MasterChef season 2
- Alex MacNicoll, Actor, original scripts from The Society and signed headshot from Alex MacNicoll
- Alicia Witt, Actor and Musician, guitar straps and scripts from Hallmark Holiday Movie and - The Walking Dead
- Alyssa Milano, Actor and Activist, Alyssa Milano's Dr. Fauci throw pillow
- Bethany Cosentino of band Best Coast, Bethany’s suit from "Everything Has Changed" music video
- David Latimer, Tiny House Designer, a virtual design consultation for a planet-friendly tiny house
- Dispatch, Musicians
- Emily Robinson, Actor, a signed original script from an episode of Transparent
- Julien Baker, Musician, Win Julien Baker's Korg Volca FM Digital Synthesizer
- Keegan Connor Tracy, Actor, Granny's Diner Mug from Once Upon A Time
- Lake Street Dive, Musicians, cardboard McDuck from Lake Street Dive's "Rooftop" performance
- Larkin Poe, Musicians, Fire Red Fuzz effects pedal used on tour
- Laura Jane Grace, Musician, "STAR WABS" Bootleg Darth Vader
- Luke Baines, Actor, Luke Baines' hand painted Double Sixes Mug
- Margo Price, Musician, Frye boots bought on tour
- Ra Ra Riot, Musicians, Wes Miles' Pandemic Lyric Book
- Raphael Bob-Waksberg, Undone co-creator, original art from season one of Undone with a signed page from the episode script from Raphael Bob-Waksberg
- Sharon Carpenter, Entertainment Host, dress from her first episode of HQ Trivia
- Simon Helberg and Jocelyn Towne, Actors, Simon Helberg's vintage French poster and Jocelyn Towne's award show dress
- Yvonne Strahovski and Yahlin Chang, The Handmaid’s Tale, Serena’s knitting basket