Everyone’s need for renting storage differs, but one common need is to be able to find what you need when you need it.
PASO ROBLES, Calif. (PRWEB) October 18, 2020
Few things are more frustrating than finally getting everything packed into the storage unit then realizing that something you need is somewhere in there.
Facing totally unpacking the unit to find those boxes is not a task anyone looks forward to and Mars Mega Storage in Paso Robles has some tips to make finding things a little easier.
A common site at storage facilities is watching people rummage through a unit, hauling furniture and boxes outside and standing and staring at the pile. Usually, the answer to “Are you moving out?” is “No. Just trying to find the boxes with some stuff I need.”
Everyone’s need for renting storage differs, but one common need is to be able to find what you need when you need it. Not being able to find things is not only time consuming and aggravating, those items can be expensive to replace. If there is any secret to finding stuff in storage, it’s getting organized before starting to pack.
As you are packing, remembering these few tips can help you keep track of where things are in the storage unit:
- Items you know you are not going to need go in the back of the storage unit, so pack and store them first.
- Clearly label all boxes and use a color coding system to identify where it goes in storage. For example, if you are moving in the late summer you may not need coats and jackets for a few months, but just in case, plan where those boxes are going to be ahead of time. Mark those boxes with a specific color and store them on one side of the unit.
- Rent a storage unit that is large enough to allow safe passage between items and consider using sturdy shelving. Other easy access strategies include storing items in a “U” pattern along the sides and back of the unit, or in an “E” pattern with a row of stored items down the center.
- Store items you know you need to get to in the front of the unit.
- Create a spread sheet that includes where items can be located in the unit and keep a copy of the spreadsheet in the unit.
Location may not seem like an important consideration but it is for those who frequently visit their storage units. Consider easy drive-in access to the storage unit as well as a storage facility that is easy to get to. A facility located near main thoroughfares, such as Paso Robles Mars Mega Storage, which can be easily reached from Highway 101 and Wellsona Road, is a good choice.
Safety is an important consideration when entering a full storage unit.
- Use the appropriate boxes and packing materials
- Don’t stack boxes and furniture too high and make sure heavier items are on the bottom
Don’t hesitate to ask for advice. Storage facility managers have years of experience and can help you choose the right sized of unit, select the best packing materials, and even offer tips and ideas. Security is also at the top of the list when renting a storage unit for any reason.
Mars Mega Storage has been providing secure storage for personal belongings, boats, RVs and businesses since 2009. Security include on site manager, 17-foot high steel perimeter walls, 24/7 private personal coded gate access, infrared cameras and laser beams, fire hydrants on site, each unit has fire and burglar alarms and extensive security and high-visibility lighting.
Amenities includes fully paved driveways and parking, with lots of clearance for vehicles, trailers, and stored vehicles and boats, fully supplied wash areas, dump station, conference room, bathrooms and showers, complimentary refreshments and a luxury RV resort right next door.
Mars Mega Storage
101 Wellsona Road
Paso Robles, CA 93446