“The rapid expansion of digital technology, telemedicine and remote monitoring is transforming the way we run clinical trials and is re-designing new pathways of care with patients. These are positive changes and herald a brighter post COVID future.” - Berkeley Phillips, Pfizer
NEW YORK (PRWEB) November 13, 2020
The Conference Forum today announced the launch of the 5th annual Patients as Partners Europe event to be held virtually January 25-26, 2021. This global gathering of patient advocates, pharma leaders and technologists will focus on greater clinical trial access as well as ease and participation for patients throughout Europe.
“Collaboration between industry, patients, clinicians and researchers has never been more important than during the pandemic,” said Berkeley Phillips, Medical Director at Pfizer and conference presenter. “The rapid expansion of digital technology, telemedicine and remote monitoring is transforming the way we run clinical trials and is re-designing new pathways of care with patients. These are positive changes and herald a brighter post COVID future.”
Key Sessions Focused on Pharma R&D and Patient Advocacy in Clinical Trials include:
- Joint Pharma-Patient Initiative on How Best to Incorporate the Patient Voice in the Pre-Clinical Phase. Representation includes Servier, Ipsen, and Parkinson’s UK
- Leveraging Critical Insights from Patients in All Trial Protocols to Create More Patient-Friendly Studies, with representation by GSK
- First-of-Its-Kind Collaborative Initiative: Scaling a Patient Engagement Training Program, with representation from Janssen and Novartis
Key Sessions Focused on Decentralized Clinical Trials include:
- The Patient View on Designing Hybrid Decentralized Trials
- Decentralized Clinical Trials: Learnings from the Pandemic and What’s Next to Support Patients and Investigators. Representation includes Bayer Pharmaceuticals, Cystic Fibrosis Trust and PT&R
- Insights into The First Virtual Trial in IBS in the UK with representation from the NIHR
Key Sessions Focused on Patient and Industry Solutions to Engage Underrepresented Communities in Clinical Research with:
- Prostate Cancer Patient Advocate
- Centre for BME Health
- Type 1 Diabetes Patient Advocate
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia Patient Advocate
- African-Carribean Community
- NIHR CRN Coordinating Centre
Other Key Sessions include:
- Understanding the Challenges Faced By Carers and Implementing Strategies to Support Them
- How Pharma Adapted to Support Patient Groups During COVID-19
- Addressing the Reality of Underrepresented Communities in Clinical Research
Leaders in R&D and patient advocacy also speaking include: Anthony Yanni of Astellas, Laura McKeaveney of Novartis, Katherine Capperella of Janssen and others from Merck, Pfizer, Biogen, Bayer, GSK, Servier, Ipsen, Norgine, Akcea Therapeutics, as well as patients and other stakeholders.
To learn more, please visit Patients as Partners EU.
About Patients as Partners Europe
Patients as Partners Europe focuses on how to involve patients throughout the entire medicines development life cycle, to drive and enhance efficiencies in clinical research. This annual event brings together pharma R&D leaders, patient advocacy groups and patients alike who are invested in advancing patient involvement and collaboration in medicines development.
About the Conference Forum
The Conference Forum is a life science industry research firm that develops conferences primarily around getting therapeutics to patients faster. They examine and challenge the complex ecosystem of drug development and delivery, bringing ideas together from a variety of sources to help advance clinical research with common goals that are patient-focused. They are committed to creating the best content, exchange of ideas and solutions among peers, as well as providing high quality networking.